Audio Lag in new Al Emmo version

Previous topic - Next topic

wilco64256

All of the audio in the new game is lagging/hiccupping for me. Like every couple of seconds it repeats the last half second or so, and the result is that it's always behind where it ought to be, which is particularly problematic during cutscenes and dialog. I couldn't spot a thread about this particular issue, if there is one I'm happy to be pointed there. I've tried various configurations from the settings menu, and a number of different compatibility options within Windows.

For reference, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, with 8 GB RAM and a dedicated 1 GB video card.

GameDevChris

Is this only in the cutscene movies, or in the entire game?

Try opening the acsetup.cfg file (in the game folder) with a text editor and changing threaded=1 to threaded=0 instead. A new feature was recently added to the AGS engine which prevents music stuttering, but is known to throw lipsyncing off, so it might also be affecting this. Could you give that a try and let me know if it seems to make any difference for you. Note, however, that disabling multi-threaded audio might cause the music to start stuttering slightly when you change rooms, or at other moments when a lot of graphically-intensive stuff is going on.

Oh, and make sure you're not running with one of the "anti-aliased" filters in the winsetup.exe program either. Those add unnecessary slowdown.

Groguerio

Hello,

I changed "threaded=1 to treaded=0" and works fine, the audio lag is over. Thanks.

wilco64256