Mouse Sensitivity Issue

Previous topic - Next topic

keronian

Win7 64 bit

Anyway, every time I try to run Al Emmo or QFG2, the mouse sensitivity is atrocious.  Trying to hit specific targets is a game of trial and error.  I have to move my mouse enough for it to register that it moved, and then I have to come back to it and hope I hit it right when it refreshes.  This is really keeping me from being able to enjoy either game.  Please tell me you can help me.

GameDevChris

One thing you might try is running the game in windowed mode (via the setup program) and selecting the 2x Nearest Neighbor filter, or whichever Nearest Neighbor filter allows you to run the game as close to full screen as possible. In AGS games, the mouse seems to behave a bit better in windowed mode than in full-screen mode.

keronian

Already running in windowed mode and with the 2x filter, actually.

GameDevChris

In that case, does it make a difference when you run the game at full screen mode?

The AGS engine doesn't currently have settings for adjusting mouse sensitivity in-game. I think this feature is being considered for a later build (and if it gets implemented, we'll release an update with the feature included). But for now, I guess the only other option would be to temporarily adjust your mouse sensitivity settings from within Windows when playing the game, and then set it back again once you've finished.

keronian

Actually, that does seem to work considerably better.  I'd much rather be playing windowed, though...  (27" screen doesn't look so good with low-res images. :P)  Any other thoughts?

GameDevChris

Hmm, not really. I suppose you could ask over at the AGS technical forum:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php

But they're likely to give you a similar answer. If nothing else, though, it may remind of them the issue which could get it being revolved faster on the engine side of things.