Easter egg ideas?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipples

Anyone here have any ideas for Easter eggs?

Gotta have an Al Emmo Easter egg! That gets my vote.

Also, I think it would be cool to run into some of the Himalaya design team. Maybe have a character look like an animated Daniel Stacy. Sort of like how Sierra did with Mark and Scott and Al and Roberta

GameDevChris

As far as I recall, Daniel Stacey WAS the (unseen) creature in the haystack in our King's Quest 2 remake!  :laugh:

Jito463

I realize this is an old post, but I had a thought on this.  Not sure if you could get away with it, but a cameo encounter with Graham (maybe not even by name, just by mentioning his circumstances) would be neat.

GameDevChris

Mages is a difficult game to apply real-world or fictional references to, even as Easter Eggs, due to the fact that the game is set in a distant future where an Armageddon-like event has purged the planet. As a result, the humans of this distant future have no knowledge of the events, people, history, books, religions, or places from our current time (nor from earlier history). Everything has reset and rebooted from scratch, so the Elements are essentially their new deities. This makes it hard to put in references to anything 'current' which will, at some future point, be wiped from existence and from collective human memory. That said, there's a small KQ reference in the game that won't break the time-continuity barrier. It's visual only, so that fans will recognize it instantly, and others will just see it as an ordinary thing that doesn't look out of place in the game's futuristic setting.

rundinj

Im pulling for the Pizza Elemental from the remake of QFG2