'Anoziran Idol'

Previous topic - Next topic

Iurii

I am not sure if this achievement actually works?
My Steam account lists "6/9" progress, but I think I have found more Al's singing lines than that:

1. The picture in 'Hospitality House'.
2. The sky above the Saguaro cactus.
3. Rocks on the left near the Saguaro cactus.
4. A small tree near the 'ex-cow'.
5. A horse skeleton (under the cactus with the fruit).
6. The cave entrance when seen from the below.
7. The sky above the miner's cabin.

And I think that Al's song in the beginning ("I'm your guy...") counts as well - so that's 8 out of 9, not 6.
I am not sure about 'Waiting for the train' one - as it represents a separate achievement.

Could anybody help with locating more? :)

GameDevChris

Yeah, "I'm your guy" counts, but "Waiting for the Train" doesn't.

Also, number 4 on your list should trigger when clicking talk on the rocks in that screen (rather than in the small tree). There's no song or achievement associated with numbers 6 or 7.

It seems the ones you missed are:

-Look at the horse hair strand in your inventory.
-Talk to the red rocks in the screen before the Aloe Vera plateau.
-Click the Hand icon on the boarded-up doorway at the bottom of the mine elevator shaft.

Iurii

GameDevChris, thanks a lot!!!

I forgot about the horse hair and the red rocks in the screen before the Aloe Vera plateau - I did them in older walkthroughs.
And the one I did miss was the boarded-up doorway - so I have got 'Anoziran Idol' now!
(It is still strange that 'Why makers...' song does not count...)

But I still have problems with 'Speedrun' achievement - something is definitely wrong there. I made it under 1 hour, disabled any other programs, and set affinity to 1 CPU for 'Al Emmo' - but I still have no achievement. Maybe it is because I 'Alt-Tabbed' it once, and saved games, and exited and loaded it a couple of times?
Please take a look at my save I sent to support@himalayastudios.com!

GameDevChris

Congrats!

The "Makers, why have you forsaken me?" isn't a song. It's just Al yelling at the sky at the top of his voice. The rest of the songs are either set to music, or parody lyrics based on well-known existing songs. 8)

As for the Speedrun achievement, yes, I think it's established that it's not working properly. It's actually meant to allow 2 hours to complete the game, but it's really an approximation anyway, that depends on your CPU speed and some other factors that could make the timer run slightly faster or slower. At some point, I'll look at it and try to script it to be more accurate. But at the moment, I need to put it lower down on the priority list due to Mages Initiation.

The way I've consistently been able to achieve the Speedrun achievement is to play the entire game in a single sitting, and holding your finger on the escape key to instantly skip past every dialogue line, cutscene, and all of Al's walking/running movement wherever possible. When I do this and perform every action in sequence to finish the game to the end (with minimal delays between each interaction), I can usually finish it in about 45 to 50 minutes or so.

Iurii

OK, now I have 'Speedrun'!
This time I did it in a single sitting without exiting and 'Alt-Tabbing' - that must be the secret :)
That was 48 minutes for me, by the way. And I am not good at hitting rodents  8)