Adventure/RPG set during Roman Republic or Empire

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipples

I was recently reading about Ancient Rome and what a horrible time it must have been to live in. Anyway, I think the setting could make for a great adventure / RPG game. They did believe in magic and sorcerers and soothsayers then, so that element could also be brought in, in addition to the obvious physical combat. There are RPG's set during that period, but no adventure games that I know of. Many are medieval Europe settings. I was just thinking how, at the end of the game, you could assassinate one of those sociopathic emperors.

Just wanted to throw that out there to all you adventure game designers!

FamousAdventurer77

I always thought an Ancient Rome with some modern twists like in Mel Brooks' History of the World Part I would be a hilarious and captivating game setting!
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

Gronagor

Quote from: Nipples on July 16, 2014, 01:12:16 AM
I was recently reading about Ancient Rome and what a horrible time it must have been to live in. Anyway, I think the setting could make for a great adventure / RPG game.

Just wanted to throw that out there to all you adventure game designers!

I don't disagree, but wasn't QfG5 a sort of Rome and Greek mixture theme?
Hmmm... remember very little of that game. Haven't played it for 2 decades.

Gronagor

For a long time Hero6 would have had a Roman segment to it. Skeleton soldiers, and a roman camp taken over by brigands, but after all the rewrites and reshapes it kinda disappeared.
And then the game disappeared.

maldaye

Have you tried 7 Wonders? It may give you the feeling you are looking for.