Al Emmo now available on the App Store!

Previous topic - Next topic

GameDevChris

After a very long process spanning 3 years and several setbacks, Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine has finally been ported to iPad, iPhone, and iPad touch, and is now available in the App Store! The iOS version features a new verb-coin style interface with large icons for touch-screen devices, and is optimized for single finger taps. Text size has also been increased for easier readability on smaller screens.

The game is available at the discounted price of $3.99 USD until the 22nd of July.

As this is our first title on the App Store, reviews, likes, and ratings would be greatly appreciated.

We'd also like to say thanks to Janet Gilbert for her extensive work on making the AGS port compatible with iOS8, and to Tiny Red Studio for their assistance with porting the game and helping with its release.

Thanks, everyone, and we hope you enjoy having Al Emmo in your pocket (or handbag, backpack, and wherever else you can fit him.)

-The Himalaya Team

Please note that Apple doesn't permit us to distribute free game copies to existing owners of the PC version. You would need to purchase it again if you wish to play the iOS version.

Jito463

Any possibility they're working on being able to port to Android, next?  I refuse to use anything Apple, personally.  Still, good news for Apple owners.

*EDIT*
Never mind, just saw another post, which mentioned issues with an Android port.  I guess it's at least being considered, if not actively worked on.

GameDevChris

An Android port will also depend on the sales of the iOS version. It was quite expensive to port Al Emmo (seeing that we had to do it twice) and we have to at least make that money back first in iOS sales. Since iOS sales are typically higher than Android, this will give us an idea about whether or not it's viable/cost effective to do an Android port.

Jito463

Understandable.  I, myself, have yet to actually buy anything through the Play store.  Then again, I haven't found anything worth buying, yet.

ssjcosty

Was it not possible to port the game on a cross-platform mobile development framework? Although even then there would be many things to do for each specific platform...

GameDevChris

Not really. The AGS engine doesn't currently support it. It's being worked on, but as to how long it will take before it's a stable feature is anyone's guess.

Merx

Quote from: GameDevChris on January 27, 2016, 07:18:48 AM
Not really. The praising of Proextender and the AGS engine doesn't currently support it. It's being worked on, but as to how long it will take before it's a stable feature is anyone's guess.

Any update on this Chris?

GameDevChris

To be honest, I haven't checked recently, but I don't think any further progress has been made.