Quest for Glory fan projects

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake00

Hey guys! :)

Figured now that the old AGDI forums are slowing down now that people have moved here I should probably move my list here too as along with our old fans there are new ones here too, and new fans bring new information!

For details on what and why I made this the old thread is over at AGDI here, but basically I created a Quest for Glory section on my website paying tribute to the original QFG games and the great many successful and unsuccessful QFG related fan projects out there to make sure that we never forget them and that talented QFG fans are inspired to create new QFG projects in the future. To do this I created a list on the website and collected pics, vids, demos, and information for as many of them as possible.

This is my latest summary of the website list below.

http://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/QFGSeries/
(Note: Originally built in 2001 this website is still deliberately very late 90s early 2000s retro in design. So if you're not nostalgic for old retro websites with music, animating gifs & left click browsing then you probably won't like it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QFG related game projects list (Updated 2/1/2017) :
- Hero-U (New series of games from QFG creators the Coles themselves)
- Quest for Glory IV 3D Project (my Hexen mod project)
- Quest for Glory 2 Remake
- Hero6
- Quest for Glory 4 1/2
- Quest for Infamy (New version of project)
- Mage's Initiation
- Heroine's Quest: The Herald Of Ragnarok (New version of project)
- Hero of Infamous Kingdoms
- Quest for Yrolg
- Betrayed Alliance
- Quest for Glory I Redux
- Quest for Glory ZZT
- Quest for 3D
- Quest for Glory I: Extended Edition
- Quest for Glory I 2.5D
- QFG6 Hero's Legend
- Grim Quest
- Heroism: The Art of De-Fence
- Quest for Infamy: So You Want to Be a Villain? (Old version of project)
- Heroine's Quest: The Legend of Fair Spring (Old version of project)
- Project Katrina
- Destiny The Lost Soul
- Hero of Odarin I: Nightfall (Previously Adventurer's Quest I: Flight of the Vampire)
- Struggle For Life & Honour
- Peril Quest
- Quest for Glory 3D (Previously Re-Quest For Glory)
- The Unknown Hero
- Glorious Quest
- Unknown QFG Project: By Dormant
- Legacy of Glory
- Unknown QFG Project: By Jimbeanus
- Conquests of a Hero (Also known as A Hero's Tale & Quest for Heroism)
- Quest for Orgy Series
- Luke 3D
- The Last Call of Avoozl
- Quest For Glory: A Hero's Death
- Project Midgard
- The Glory Project

For more details on these games you can now visit my finished Quest for Glory Page. If you have demos, videos, and pictures that I don't have for projects in my list please contact me. Also please let me know if there are there any other QFG related projects out there that I haven't listed here.

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Blake00

Been a while since I last updated this in all the forums and as a result there have been many changes to my Quest for Glory Page and new projects found since my last update! Thank you to everyone that's contacted me with new information over the last 3 years! :)

New QFG related projects added:
- Hero-U - Lori & Corey Cole are back making RPG games!
- Mage's Initiation - Amazing new kickstarter project from you guys
- Quest for Glory ZZT - oldie that slipped my radar
- Quest For 3D - Cool new QFG1 project using the unreal engine
- Grim Quest
- Peril Quest

QFG related projects updated:
- Original QFG3,4 & 5 - Finally finished my playthroughs & tribute pages!
- Hero6 - Original MAD & Final AGS demos FINALLY found and made available! New pics/vids made
- Quest For Glory 4 ½ - New v1.1 walkthrough released! New QFG4.5 Enhanced edition in the works!
- Quest for Infamy - Project back from dead via kickstarter! New pics/vids/demos
- Heroine's Quest: The Herald Of Ragnarok - New pics and trailer vid

General QFG page updates:
- Widescreen support with fullscreen backgrounds
- Thumbnails for faster page loads
- Transparent darkened/coloured box theme overhaul
- Animating intro page
- Animating backgrounds - occasional ghosting in IE
- Custom cursors - won't work in IE
- Transparent coloured scrollbars - only works in Chrome, Safari & partially in IE

Every time I update the list I wonder if it will be the last time and then new talented QFG fans appear with new projects in the works. Has been quite amazing how things have come back to life over the last 3 years. :)

Balinaeri

Blake!

Glad to meet you. Just wanted you to know that I love your site. When I saw the thread, my first thought was "hey, we should add the info from that QfG site I love so much"...and then I realized it looked very similar already.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and to play Mage's Initiation. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blake00

Blake00

Hey everybody! 1.5 years on since my last big update to my Quest for Glory Page and amazingly I've found a whole bunch of new projects and materials so its time for another one! As always thank you to everyone that contacts me with new information! :)

New QFG related projects found:
- Betrayed Alliance - Full tribute page created! Brilliant new & finished QFG1 style SCI game.
- QFG6 Hero's Legend - New project recreating Silmaria in 3D using own engine.
- Heroism: The Art of De-Fence - Full tribute page created! Cool 3D QFG project using the Unity engine. Attracted the attention of the Coles!
- Quest for Glory 1 Extended - AGS remake of QG1 with open mountain pass & extended areas like QFG4.5. Don't know more details. Author ignored attempts to contact.
- Unknown QFG Project: By Dormant - AGS QFG title. Don't know name or details. Author ignored attempts to contact.
- Legacy of Glory - 3D QFG style game. Don't know more details. Author ignored attempts to contact.
- Unknown QFG Project: By Jimbeanus - AGS QFG title. Don't know name or details. Author ignored attempts to contact.

Changes made:
- General - Updated music to mp3, fixed broken links, switched to java frames, forced frame loading, 'sneaky' linking redirects to entry page
- Original QFG1,2,3,4 & 5 - Finally finished my maps! Created slideshow videos with high quality QFG music that show many screenshots that didn't make it to the site.
- Mage's Initiation: Reign Of The Elements - Stunning new pictures found
- Heroine's Quest - Split both Heroine's Quest projects to 2 different tribute pages at authors request. Recorded video of rare Legend of Fair Spring demo.
- Quest for Infamy - Decided to do the same & split QFI pages which means my old 'damp brigand cave theme' QFI page is back from the dead! Stunning new pictures found
- Hero6 - Project re-activated by new team! New demo & more long lost demos found.
- Quest for 3D - New pictures released
- Grim Quest - New graphics & story. New pictures & demo released
- Quest for Glory 1 - 2.5D - New test video released. New host found for demo.

robertkety

Thought I'd spread the word. We're looking for some creative talent to help us mold the main plot of Hero6.  Here is a reproduction of our announcement on the Hero6.org forums:

We have finally reached the point where a majority of our code has been standardized, organized, and Vasilis-ized! A big thanks to bdimopoulos and ChamberOfFear for their work on that.

So, where are we at now?
We still have some modules that need to be refactored or replaced entirely, but we're prepared to develop these separately during the next phase of development... the story.
That's right Heroes, the core creative element of Hero6 is ready for molding! We're looking for contributors to review the existing story-line and make improvements. This document is the wellspring from which all further development will flow. It needs to be:
In-depth and detailed
Cohesive and themed
Fun and entertaining!

To clarify, we are not looking for puzzles, side-quests, or subplots. Those will come later. What we need is akin to a game design document. We're taking a story-based approach so the design document (shared below) will be a combination of a backstory and a main storyline that will unfold as the game is played.

What's next?
This is an exciting time for Hero6. What we develop in the coming months will model the final outcome of this long-awaited adventure game.
We anticipate a greater interest during the creative development of the main story line. So far, production is running along smoothly, but the combination of several creative interests can be a source of conflict. Hero6 has certainly experienced this conflict in the past. Rest assured, ChamberOfFear and myself are committed to resolving any conflict, should it occur.

Where can I get started?
Here! The document is under revision control so feel free to add, edit, or comment.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What good is knowledge and wisdom if you can't use it?" - Erasmus

Blake00

Happy new year guys! :) It's been a while but I've been working on my site and have made the following additions to the QFG related games list.

New QFG related projects added:
Quest For Glory IV 3D – Massive new section! My total conversion mod for ZDoom Hexen taking you on a 3D action packed adventure in Mordavia.
QFG6: Hero's Legend – Full tribute page created! Creator of QFG2.5D is working on a 3D QFG sequel based in Silmaria & Tarna.
Quest for Glory I Extended Edition – Full tribute page created! QFG1 remake with many new areas (eg open mountain pass like in QFG4.5).

Changes made to existing QFG content:
General – Contents menu added.
General – All back buttons changed to utilise HTML bookmarks. Now users don't have to re-scroll down the entire page constantly! :)
General – Fixed some missing slashes in code.
Heroism: The Art of DeFence – New HD screenshots and GREATLY enhanced demo now available.
Quest for 3D – New awesome screenshots of his amazing realistic recreation of Spielburg.
Destiny: The Lost Soul – FINALLY the long lost demo has been found & made available by the Hero6 team!
Quest for Infamy (classic) – Finally found the original Brigand theme song I used to use (forgot it was also hero selection track), now the original 2010 tribute page is finally truly restored.

As always, let me know if something is missing. :)

Klink

Quote from: Balinaeri on March 26, 2013, 08:05:39 AM
Blake!

Glad to suggest Max Performer to you and meet you. Just wanted you to know that I love your site. When I saw the thread, my first thought was "hey, we should add the info from that QfG site I love so much"...and then I realized it looked very similar already.

Are you still working on and improving your site, Blake? What's the latest stuff that you added on there?

Blake00

Quote from: Klink on April 18, 2018, 11:18:42 AM
Are you still working on and improving your site, Blake? What's the latest stuff that you added on there?

Hi Klink!

Yup still working on my site. Recently added a big new Imperium Galactica section. However as for my QFG section I haven't done anything recently other than add a nice picture & some icons in my contents menu about a week or 2 ago hahaha! I recently submitted all my QFG maps to GameFAQs and they accepted which was nice!

I haven't seen anything new lately and no one's submitted any big new projects to me so there's no big updates at the moment.

My QFG section 'to do list' just has a few small things in there:

• Investigate an old unfinished QFG1 Spielburg Doom level someone told me about
  • Investigate a QFG1 ZZT video someone sent me to improve my tribute
  • Add new QFG3D pics I found to tribute page
  • Add new Tarna 3D pics I found to QFG6 Heros Legend tribute page
  • Create video tours of some more fan demos
  • Do a let's play of QFG4.5 (people keep asking me to as I'm the guy that made the walkthrough).

MusicallyInspired

I don't see Space Quest For Glory by Infamous Adventures. Very short but probaby worth adding?

Blake00

Quote from: MusicallyInspired on May 02, 2018, 06:50:07 PM
I don't see Space Quest For Glory by Infamous Adventures. Very short but probaby worth adding?

oh yes I forgot about that. I vaguely remember it but perhaps I forgot to try out the demo back when they did it. I'm surprised none of the old IA guys haven't called me up on that haha.. I'll have to try and find a copy.