Design Doc

Previous topic - Next topic

lailahaillallah

could i con you guys into posting a heavily redacted (hey its not like i wanna steal your secrets) copy of your design doc for Al Emmo on the forum?  whilest there is plenty of demo design docs out there but almost NONE for adventure games.  It would be particularly handy for other indie developers to have such a resource availabe to them.   even just a doc with the various headings/sections/questions etc that were covered within your design doc and perhaps a few brief descriptions etc

i dunno, i can see why you'd say no.. and i expect you to, .. but it never hurts to ask :)

p.s the game looks good and i wish you all the best.  i'll check it out once its released and give you my 2.5c worth.

Pidgeot

You might be able to use those Al Lowe has on his website instead: http://www.allowe.com/gamedesign/index.htm

There are design documents for a total of 5 adventure games there (and one which isn't an adventure game), so you should be off to a good start with those.
Pidgeot
-----
Every error you find is the last one.

lailahaillallah

who's the man? you the man/woman!

cheers  :D

lol i still want them to post theirs though... because i'm petulant and and and... JUST COZ  :D

lailahaillallah

thos docos are just what the doctor ordered i think.   :)

ta.

GameDevBrit

Sorry, lailahaillallah (nice name, by the way :)),

Those documents are top secret at this point.  Perhaps someday after the game is released, they will not have to be kept so confidential.

Thanks for the post, though, and I am glad you were able to find some other design docs on Al Lowe's site!

lailahaillallah

no worries, i expected as much, but it can never hurt to ask. thanks :)

Aperama

Quote from: "lailahaillallah"no worries, i expected as much, but it can never hurt to ask. thanks ;)

lailahaillallah

writing a game design doc IS torture... of a kind. an interesting and somewhat enjoyable torture yet a somewhat painful ordeal.

NightShift

Brought to you by a man resembling a monkey...Charles Hutchings