Al Emmo - What, When & Where?

Previous topic - Next topic

MKB

I've been playing adventure games since they were invented. I probably bought every 3rd person game ever made. I'm addicted so it's no surpirise that I can hardly wait for Al Emmo.  Other adventure web sites don't seem to have a clue so maybe someone here can answer a few questions.

What   is it? Will it be on disc or is it download only? I hope it's disc                as
           my pitiful dial-up can't handle the load.

When   will it come out? I know it's being beta tested but maybe someone
            can give a better estimated release date.

Where   can I get it? Will it be in the ususal stores or will I have to order it.

I'm really looking forward to this game. In fact, seeing what Himalaya has done in the past, I'm anxious to play anything they come up with.

Mike

Angelus3K

Hey Mike!

Can't really answer any of your questions lol (as I don't know) but if you have 56k dial up it shouldnt be a problem downloading the game whatever size it is as if you use a download manager such as Internet Download Manager (IDM) or GetRight it will allow you to pause and resume the download at anytime.

Granted it may take awhile but after a good few hours at least you'll have it all in one piece!

GameDevChris

Hey Mike, glad to hear you're looking forward to the game's release!  We've gone to great lengths to make this game very reminiscent of the classic adventure games of yesteryear, and if you enjoyed all the aspects that made Sierra classics fun, then I think you'll be pleased. :)

In regards to your questions:

QuoteWhat is it? Will it be on disc or is it download only? I hope it's disc as my pitiful dial-up can't handle the load.

At present we don't have any plans for a downloadable option, as the game is too large.  It will most likely come on CD at this stage.

QuoteWhen  will it come out? I know it's being beta tested but maybe someone can give a better estimated release date.

Can't be too sure just yet, as there's still quite a few loose ends to tie up. But I'd estimate that some point within the next 2 months is looking promising.

QuoteWhere can I get it? Will it be in the usual stores or will I have to order it.

Al Emmo won't be available in retail stores. It'll be available for order from the online "store" section of the Himalaya Studios website. It may be an option for us to start taking pre-orders at some point in the near future, so keep checking the site for updates and further details.

Angelus3K

Wow CD only. I didnt expect that but I guess not everyone has broadband.

What is the rough size of the game Chris?

GameDevChris

At this stage it looks like CD only, however, that may totally change in the future. Heck, it may even change by the time we're ready to release the game!  So nothing's concrete yet.

As for the size, we'll be lucky to compress it onto a single CD, but we should manage. Uncompressed, it comes to a little over 1GB.

Angelus3K

Excellent, sounds like a large chunk of gaming awaits!!

I wouldnt have a problem downloading 1GB but it would be cool to have a CD version to keep too.

Angelus3K

Hey I see GameSpy and IGN have profiles for Al Emmo! Hopefully they will do a preview or hopefully a review and link to the demo!