Al Emmo 3.0 has been released! - December 7th 2010

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpy

Update: December 7th, 2010

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine version 3.0 has been released! This is the first major release of the game since 2006.

Download the new version from here   (Free 60 Minute Trial)

Price: $9.99 USD

Upgrading to version 3.0 is free for customers who purchased the game directly from Himalaya Studios. If you purchased the Digital Download version, simply uninstall your old version, then re-install version 3.0. The same serial key number you were allocated will work.

If you purchased the CD version of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine from Himalaya Studios and would like to upgrade to version 3.0, please send us an email at mailto:replacements@himalayastudios.com">replacements@himalayastudios.com, quoting your order reference number and/or shipping address where the game was sent to, and we'll assign you a new serial key that works with the Digital Download version of the game.

Important:  Please note that savegames from previous versions of the game are not compatible with v3.0!

The main addition to 3.0 is the implementation of higher resolution modes which allows for a more detailed Al Emmo character sprite.  A full list of additions, features, improvements, and bug fixes is below:

CHANGES TO VERSION 3.0
----------------------
WARNING: GAME SPOILERS AHEAD

- Added: Support for higher resolution graphics
- Added: Direct3D driver mode
- Added: a more highly-detailed Al Emmo sprite in high resolution modes
- Added: proper Windows Vista & Windows 7 support and functionality
- Added: an Exit button to the title screen
- Added: a checkbox to the installer asking whether the user wants to create a game desktop icon or not
- Added: Better-looking top corner page-turn menus and clearer bottom-left corner map menu
- Added: the current Act number to the top GUI bar
- Added: the ability to press CTRL+C to quickly clear any characters in GUI text boxes
- Added: visual "Continue" and "Replay" buttons to the GUIs that appear after the Comic Cutscenes
- Added: the ability to dismount the saloon barstool by clicking the Walk icon
- Added: an advance hint in the mines about the imminent flooding river booby-trap
- Added: some replacement Andretto speech lines and lip-syncing in the mines
- Fixed: potential permission conflicts under Windows Vista and Windows 7 accounts without Admin privileges
- Fixed: save-game files potentially getting misnumbered and overwriting existing save-games
- Fixed: Centered All GUIs
- Fixed: Dragging the Music Volume slider to the very bottom will now mute game music completely
- Fixed: several instances where the wrong mouse cursor was being made active after closing GUIs
- Fixed: being able to pour the flask of water from the upper window of the Hospitality House
- Fixed: Made Al Emmo stop walking when the Rita Flyer and Business ID Card items are clicked on him
- Fixed: bugs where Al could pass into non-walkable areas of the Saloon, Indian Plateau, & Bull Pen screens
- Fixed: a bug where clicking through narrator speech when viewing the saloon Drink Menu closed the menu
- Fixed: a bug where exiting a screen could cause Al Emmo glide without using his walking animations
- Fixed: Disabled the CTRL+Q hotkey for the Quit GUI when a map GUI or similar close-up GUI is on-screen
- Fixed: the Exit Arrow icons so that they revert to the Wait icon as soon as Al Emmo begins his exit
- Fixed: Made Rita's gate easier to click when opening/closing it. Also fixed the opened gate's z-order
- Fixed: some omitted Rita speech lines when talking to her about the location of the Miner's Cabin
- Fixed: Viewing the Rita Flyer and Andretto ID card close-ups will now stop Al from moving
- Fixed: Prevented the player from viewing the Rita Flyer during timed-events
- Fixed: a bug where turning Special Effects off would make sunlight beams appear inside buildings/houses
- Fixed: being able to walk through the 2 Plateau Indians when standing behind the pair and talking to them
- Fixed: a bug where the Trial Door's text parser sometimes permitted incorrect answers
- Fixed: a bug where Al could clip through the Aztec Altar
- Fixed: Prevented the player from being able to read the journals while in the mine (which caused issues)
- Fixed: Implemented some hotspot adjustments, making their shapes and sizes fit the scenery more accurately
- Fixed: various walk-behind masking and walkable area glitches
- Fixed: some incorrect mouse icons on various GUIs
- Fixed: several minor spelling/grammar errors
- Fixed: other small glitches and bugs
- Changed: The game no longer uses a music.vox file. Both sound and music resources are now stored in audio.vox
- Changed: Rita's house now shows on the map after first seeing her in Act 1 (previously it showed in Act 2)
- Changed: The game now natively plays Ogg Theora video files, preventing potential video stream freezes
- Changed: Save-game and character export files are now stored in the user's My Documents/My Saved Games folder
- Changed: the game's installer to use Inno Setup for better compression and performance

September 6th, 2006

IT'S OUT!!!

Yes, folks. After years of work, Al Emmo has finally been released. It's shipping today and those of you who pre-ordered it should expect it to arrive on your doorstep very soon.

This is the end of a loooong road and it feels good to know we've finally reached the finish line. I'd like to extend my thanks to the following people...

- All the people who beta tested and reviewed our game. The game's quality is higher than it was before and more people know about it.

- All our fans who've supported us and stood up for us more often than I can either count or mention.

- All the people who pre-ordered the game. May your gaming experience be a good one.

- All our modellers and animators who've worked so hard to get the game characters transferred to 3D.

- Michael Freeman who didn't just work on the animations but also drew those awesome comic scenes.

- Eriq Chang for creating several fine backgrounds and an awesome site.

- Charles Hutchins for putting such an obscene amount of time into the 3D movies.

- Britney's uncle and Anne Steinmetz for the help and advice on the sidelines.

- Chris Jones for his great technical support.

- Tom and Dianne Lewandowski for creating the wonderful soundtrack of the game.

- Daniel for having to come up with so many different things to say about cacti and red rocks, as well as for writing the amazing dialogue that makes up the heart of the game.

- Sean for all his help on the forum, the server and the online store...as well as being such a gracious host. :)

Tom Lewandowski

Yippy-skippy, Zipitty-doo-da, and all the other clichés!!  It's a grand day, indeed!

Leisure Suit Harry

Excellent. Now please tell me that I won the contest  :rolleyes:

Kloreep

Congratulations! It looks like you guys have reached the end of quite a long road!

I would go check my mail, but I think it would be a little much to hope it's already arrived. ;)

doggans

Best news I've heard all day!  :cool:

As soon as I cash my latest paycheck, I'll finally get around to ordering a copy. (I'm such a procrastinator.  :P )
"Old lamps for new! Old lamps for new!"

Sargon

I'm just curious how the orders shipped in the US... by mail, UPS, FedEx?  And will we be getting tracking information emailed to us?

Thanks and I can't wait to play the game!

SirWulf2

And now, it is time to celebrate... [ponders taking a day off from work]

WriteOh

Hooray... so many emotions...

:cool:  :hehe:  :cry:  :laugh:  :satisfied:
"Think of me as an omniscient, noncorporeal manifestation of total wisdom."

LenG

Congratulations and thanks to all those mentioned in Erpy's post above.
Here's hoping that Al Emmo will be a smash hit, and hence a prelude to more successful games from the Himalaya team.[/b][/size]

eriqchang

Congratulations to a job well done everyone!

lcolson

Thanks for the heads up! Cant wait to get it now.

GameDevChris

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine v3.0 has just been released. See the first post in this thread for all the details!  :D

gameonly

i downloded the demo,wich is version 3,but to own the game
i must enter not only the key,but also a registed name,i dont know
what it is what to put in,so please help ?
samuel schwartz

GameDevChris

Could you post your questions about this issue in the following thread only? It'll be easier to keep track of things. Thanks.

http://www.himalayastudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0