Freebies

Previous topic - Next topic

rtrooney

When will the list of 50 freebies be posted? And where?

navynuke04

Quote from: "eriqchang"The 50 winners are being selected over a period of time. The first batch of five winners will be announced soon! We will announce them on the website as well as the forums.

sassyladi

Thank you so very much for the info! I know everyone is excited to hear!

rtrooney

Seems as if that's a bit of negative marketing. I'm guessing that the people who entered the contest are interested in playing the game. I know I am. But to drag out the process doesn't make much sense. If you have 1000 entries, that's 950 people people who will wait until the last name is drawn from the hat before making a purchase....and who knows what other items may be pulling at the purse strings by the time the last name is drawn.

Get it over with, and let the sales begin!

Just an opinion, of course.

navynuke04

Yeah... we've been discussing this exact topic. We have already talked about that exact point. I'm sure Brit or Chris will be making an announcement soon.

eriqchang

RTooney, I know you've been very anxious to hear about the winners. As with any contest there has to be ample time for entries. We have JUST announced the contest end date. Good Luck!

------------------------

WIN AN "AL EMMO" COLLECTOR'S PACKAGE!
Last Chance to Enter Himalaya Studios "Al Emmo Wild Website Giveaway Contest"

September 17, 2006—Himalaya Studios, developer and publisher of the new, classic-style adventure game for the PC, "Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine", is gearing up to choose the official winners of the Wild Website Giveaway Contest!  Himalaya Studios is giving away a large number of valuable prize packages, chock full of collector's items, to celebrate the release of their first game.  Contest entries will be judged based on the creativity of the entry—the more creative, the better!  

"The prize package includes some incredible items that you can't even purchase elsewhere", explains Britney Brimhall, Chairman & CEO of Himalaya Studios, LLC.  "This includes a gorgeous poster which has been signed and numbered by game artist, Eriq Chang.  Additionally, winners will receive not only a signed Collector's Edition of the game, but also a signed version of the soundtrack as well!"

Fans determined to win should send a single email, as soon as possible, to www.alemmo.com.

-----------------

Leisure Suit Harry

I totally agree with rtrooney. As long as there is a chance to get the game for free why buy it? (Sorry, but that's the way consumers, like me to be honest, think) Sure, I do not know the number of people who entered the contest. If it's just a handful forget about my comment. But if it is a relevant amount of people who are definitely interested in that game I would annouce all 50 winners as soon as possible. If I understand Eriq correctly you are now going to announce all 50 and not just 5 of them. Good decision!

Good luck to all the creative guys...

rtrooney

It's still only 6 on the West Coast, so my winning notification is still pending. I Hope!

Had a dentist appt this morning. Was only slightly less troublesome than awaiting the results.

sassyladi

Have the 50 winners been selected? Also will we get to know who they are and possibly even get to see their creative entries?
Thx
Edie

Tom Lewandowski

QuoteThe prize package will be shipped within 12 weeks.
Is this a misprint...up to three months to ship?  What could possible take that long to do prior to shipping?  Maybe "allow up to 12 weeks for delivery" was what you meant -- to allow for 4th Class mail to some obscure location on the planet, where delivery requires traversing jungles and the use of carrier pigeons?

GameDevBrit

The winners have been selected and were notified privately by email.  We've invited winners to send us photos of themselves and their prize package, and if they give us permission, we'll post those on the site.

The game will arrive within the next 12 weeks.  In saying that, I am not insinuating that shipping will take that long.  It may take that long to prepare the packages and ship them out though.  They will most likely arrive before that time, but *could* take up to 12 weeks.  I wanted to err on the side off too long, so that people would be pleasantly surprised with a package that arrives early than disappointed by one that arrives late.  Hopes this makes sense.

Marblehed

I think my e-mail got lost for the contest!  Unless I am soooo not good at writing a reason as to why I should have won!  Yikes!