Not able to install the game

Previous topic - Next topic

nikolas

Ok.

I'm not able to install the game. AT ALL!

I insert the disk and get the main menu (install, look at readme.xtx, browse...etc). I try instal the game and after a while the menu closes with the disk running. And then nothing.

After a few times and 2 restarts I took the disk out after the whole process, I got an error from windows and when I put the disk back to the drive I got the installation menu/process. I chose everything fine (yes, yes, I agre, yes, yes etc...) and then again nothing. Took out the disk, put it back in, got to 7%, once mroe and got to 32%, after that nothing. I couldn't go on. Niente!

I tried a couple of more times, but in all honesty there seems that something is wrong. The disk browses ok, but have no idea if it is indeed faulty somewhere... So...

Any ideas?

GameDevChris

If, for some reason, the installer doesn't work from the CD menu, you should be able to run the Setup.exe program directly from the root directory of the CD.

As for the installer appearing to freeze during the actual installation process, you just need to wait longer until it's finished.  Take a look at the following thread for more details. It was posted by someone else who reported the same problem recently:

http://www.himalayaforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=459

Angelus3K

Yea, depending on the speed of your machine the installation can appear to freeze for quite some time. As long as the CD is still spinning in the drive the installation is still on track, just wait awhile  :cool:

Tom Lewandowski

On my P4 2.8 GHz system (48x CD drive), the entire install took 7 minutes...which I thought was reasonable.  I've recently had to re-install several other CD-based programs (WordPerfect, Flash Professional, etc.) which took about the same amount of time.  The only difference, really, is the progress meter; if you focus on the "7%" mark in Al Emmo's install, it 'seems' to take longer or get hungup.  :)

Angelus3K

Yea I mean they squashed 1.07GB onto a 90min CD so its bound to take awhile to uncompress etc.