Next Project?

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinSig

I'm just wondering, does Himalaya have another project lined up, or are you taking a Hiatus for a bit?  I had heard that you intended to make a VGA re-make of QFG II, but is that still a go?

And if you're taking requests, I wouldn't mind a Noir game set in a Sci-Fi background (kinda like Discworld Noir mixed generes).  It might even work better if the game was episodic with seperate cases that eventually intertwine.

Kevin

WriteOh

I suppose the official answer is, "We're keeping our options open."

Sales, of course, could open them a lot faster. :)
"Think of me as an omniscient, noncorporeal manifestation of total wisdom."

Erpy

Quest for Glory 2 VGA is produced under the AGD Interactive label and is still in production.

As for another commercial project...as Daniel mentioned, sales are an important factor in the decision whether or not to start another project. There's no point in starting another commercial game if it's not deemed viable from a financial POV. Regardless of financial success of Al Emmo, a hiatus will be taking place anyhow, as Britney recently got into the law enforcement academy and for the upcoming months, she doesn't even have enough free time to sleep sufficiently, let alone stomp another project out of the ground.

Angelus3K

It would be an idea to create an episodic series of Al Emmo (or new IP), allowing more flexible working times, less work and more forgiving deadlines whilst still feeding the fans Al Emmo goodness instead of working non-stop for another 3 years on Al Emmo 2.

Could be worthwhile looking into (if you havnt already.)

Dianne Lewandowski

Call me nuts, but I think doing something entirely different would be the best way to go.  something like Lucas Arts "The Dig" only much better, because I think we *can* make it much better.