Room 11 (line 831)

Previous topic - Next topic

punkasaurus

Retail Version of the game. Pre-Order.

Here is the actual error

An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS. (ACI version 2.72.920) in Room 11 script (line 831)
Error: StartCutscene: already in a cut scene

Oops I guess I should have saved my game more often.. gotta start at the beginning of the chapter again. BTW I'm very much enjoying this game.

Okay so where I experienced this crash is when the Mayor is talking about how he is a Father figure to Rita but he still likes to check out her ass.

BTW you should consider me for a beta tester on QFG2 please. :D
BTW you should consider me for a beta tester on QFG2 please. :)

GameDevChris

Hmmm, this is a bug that appeared once or twice during beta testing when pressing ESC to skip the Mayor's head-turning animation or his dialogue. I thought it had been fixed. Fortunately, this only occurs very, very rarely so it's unlike that the crash would ever happen consistently after restoring the game and trying again.

Thanks for the report.

punkasaurus

I tested it. You can't continue the dialog with the mayor even after a restore it crashes again. Sorry. The way around it is to just avoid that part of the conversation with the mayor and go on about your business.

wickedthistle

Hey punkasaurus,

Try waiting a couple of seconds after each response from the Mayor when you converse with him so he has a chance to finish turning his head. You can also see if there's a difference between using the mouse or the ESC key to get through the conversation- just go slowly is all.

Also, you could try a restore from a chapter before, but I don't think that would help much.
~Michelle

punkasaurus

Thanks Michelle i'll try that!

ralas

My version is the Telltale games download version of Al Emmo::

I also got the room 11, line 831 error. Specifically it says its trying to start another cutscene while still in a cutscreen

I got the error talking to the mayor fairly late int he game. I asked him about Peralto senior & Jacob Waltz & then I asked one more time to see what he'd say.

Al & the Mayor had a brief discussion about how the mayor has read every book there is about Anozira - so if he needs to know anything just hightail his behind back here and...*crash* *oof* back to desktop! :doze:

the error is repeatable

I tried changing events from talking all through to breaking it up. even tried an earlier save.  Whenever the Mayor launches into that speech...its the donkey's dinner.  :hehe:  Ya know what I mean  :crazy:

Its not a game killer. You don't actually need to talk to the mayor again, but I figured I'd report it anyhow.

Hope this helps, as I imagine you could fix the download?

Susan  :) @

GameDevChris

I believe we've finally managed to fix this annoying bug. But I'm not sure that other digital download publishers of the game will want to re-upload the entire thing to their servers just to fix this little glitch. However, if we ever release a future retail version of the game, this bug will definitley be eradicated in that release (touch wood).

ralas

YAY!!! Glad to hear it!  :D