Finished the game. My opinions and ideas for Al Emmo 2

Previous topic - Next topic

punkasaurus

Hi, I just finished Al Emmo and am now able to voice a complete opinion about the game. I very much enjoyed it. Thank you for creating such a cool adventure game.

Opinions:

The game was quite fun especially the end game sequences. They were a blast! No pun intended.

The end movie storyline was a bit of a let down because there is a major story line problem that is left unresolved,  but the feature to save the game files and continue in future Al Emmo games hinted at the idea that new games would be coming out! That was exciting.

Character Voices were annoying with the exception of the skeleton and the narrator and Rita. Emmo's character was annoying. I guess at 30 years old (my age) the humor in the game just didn't seem all that side splitting or original.

Worth the money? Yes. Definitely. Had more fun playing this, than Star Wars Republic Commando which was the last game I purchased previously.

The puzzles in the game were pretty good especially the ones in the mine. They were neither too easy nor too difficult. The tile puzzle was my favorite for some reason. The puzzles at the beginning of the game were too tricky i think. It was hard to get started. I had a bunch of stuff in my inventory but nothing solved the problem I had. (Getting into the hotel room)

My suggestions for a sequel are the following..
Emmo gets serious about getting a girl. He knows that with his squeaky annoying voice and bad comb over and poor fitness he hasn't got a chance. So in the next game the first part of the game should be committed to fixing the guy up.  

Setting...
Its the old west but a more bustling town then anozira was.
Al has two goals to pick up girls and to find the museums missing artifacts Indiana Jones style. Al does not know who his nemesis is, its a big mystery however rare and precious artifacts are being stolen from the museum and the clues send Al Emmo on a goose chase through ancient tombs, abandoned mines, Indian burial grounds, and so on.

Okay chapter 1. Al has no cash on him and the money he got from the Peralto's is tied up in a mutual fund that he is locked into.

Quest 1. Get Emmo to his rhinoplasty appointment on time to have his deviated septum fixed. This will deepen his voice. This is covered by his medical insurance file but there is a mix up with his file so he has to distract the secretary at the insurance office and do a bit of forgery.
In a magazine in the doctors office Al finds an advertisement for laser corrective eye surgery. He has no money but he decides to go check the place out after anyway.

Quest 2.  So Al shows up at the eye care place and from the minute he arrives it is just one mishap after another. There is someone being worked on in the office and Al spills the doctors coffee into the keyboard controls for the laser causing it to malfunction and start shooting everything in the doctors office. Al must recalibrate the machine by deflecting the laser off of some mirrors in the office which incinerates everything the laser beam touches. He needs to step it down and decrease its power so he uses the binoculars (but backwards) from his inventory. One of the side effects at this point is it hits him square in the eyes and corrects his vision. The laser has done its damage though and the doctors office is in a blaze. Al must rescue the doctor and escape!

Quest 3. Al gets a newspaper and enters a makeover contest.
(Its the guys from Queer eye for the straight guy)
They shave his combover and mullet off and stick a hat on him.
They give him new clothes (Praga Versucky Kelvin Kam, Armanio etc) and set him up with an apartment.

Chapter 2.
Quest 4. Life is going good for Al. Now he has the confidence to go pick up chicks but he finds that its not as easy as he thinks! His adventures take him to a strip club, a limousine ride, and eventually a pimps mansion where he is recruited to be a gigolo wild west style.

Al Emmo the Western Gigolo and the secret of the old west.

Chapter 3. Arrested!

Whatdya think?
BTW you should consider me for a beta tester on QFG2 please. :)

NightShift

That's interesting.  It really reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry 3, i think it is.  Where he works out on the machines to get buff, and gets a tan, and all sorts of stuff.  So he becomes, not quite the stud muffin, but a stud, nonetheless.  I like the idea of the Laser Eye Surgical Binoculars, too.  That's pretty original and clever.

I'm curious.  When you mentioned the "Major Story Line Problem, left unresolved."  What were you talking about in particular?  The open-ended ending?
Brought to you by a man resembling a monkey...Charles Hutchings