Video Problems...

Previous topic - Next topic

AuraBoyX

When I start the game I get multiple dark lines in the opening Himalaya movie that scan the screen, move up and down and disappear and reappear randomly. When it gets to the main menu the colors are all funky and those darker lines flicker/shimmer all over the place over the menu. Then when I start playing the game the game screen colors seem awesfully dark (or off-kilter) and there are stationary darker lines throughout the screen (I say darker because they are lines of varying thickness that darken the color/image, they are not solid black). It almost seems as if there is a loose connection to the monitor but I know there is not.

I had this problem with the SCUMMVM version of the DIG and Sam & Max hit the road. But they had settings where I could make it go away with a filter. But I really want to know what the problem is and how to fix it so I can play this great game the way it is supposed to look.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

GameDevChris

Which version of the game do you have installed? Is it the demo or the full version? And if it's the full version, do you have the CD version or the TellTale Games (downloadable) release?

The first suggestion would be to run the winsetup.exe program and try changing the Graphics filter setting to the 2x option and see if that makes any difference. Sometimes it's a combination of the 640x400 resolution and monitor/video card incompatibility that causes problems like this. Let me know if that works for you.