Al Emmo available for Download

Previous topic - Next topic

GameDevBrit

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that a downloadable version of Al Emmo is now available at both www.telltalegames.com and www.trygames.com !

If you'd like to play Al Emmo, but have been waiting it to go down in price, this is a great alternative way of purchasing the game and supporting the adventure gaming genre!

Enjoy!

Angelus3K

calethix

Ok, now that I'm past the big expenditures of Christmas, I think I'll finally get around to buying Al Emmo.

Is there any difference between the download/CD versions and does either one result in more money going to Himalaya Studios?

Erpy

The CD version comes with a DVD case and physical copy, the download naturally doesn't. The CD version is somewhat more expensive, but it's good if you like to watch your game collection on a shelf and if you like the idea of always being able to reinstall the game without hassle. The CD version's money goes completely to us, the downloadable version's profits get split between us and the publisher hosting it.

calethix

Thanks, that helps me make up my mind.  Not that I need to add to my collection but I think I'll go with the CD version. :)

calethix

ok, so it helped me make up my mind until I got impulsive one weekend and didn't want to wait for the CDs. ;))  I do share the views of some other posts I've seen.  I was expecting it to be more family oriented.  It didn't bother me but I definitely wouldn't recommend my brother play it with my 6yo niece like the Sierra remakes. ;)

FYI, I had a minor problem with the download version.  I had the same issue with my monitor as the demo where I had to set force letterbox (I think that was the option) to get it all on screen.  The problem was that the download version wouldn't let me run the setup program.  It kept telling me it couldn't open Al_Emmo.exe or something.  I copied in the config file from another ags install and all was good.  Aside from that, I don't recall running into a single bug during the game.  Good job to the beta testers :)

Thanks again for the fun game.