illegal exception

Previous topic - Next topic

willyy

I keep getting this message and the Al Emmo game crashes.

An exception 0xC000001D occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP=0x004E2F36; program pointer is +155,ACI version 2.72.920,gtags (58,148)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the tech forum.

In Room 10 script (line 4445)
[/img]

GameDevChris

Was this in the demo or the full game?

Also, when exactly does it crash? And does it crash at the same place every time?

You could also check the following thread to see how someone else solved a similar crash to see if the same thing works for you:

http://www.himalayaforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=520

willyy

This is full game

It happens randomly throughout the game

Have upgraded both sound driver and video driver

Some reason it didn't happen today and nothing on my system has changed.

GameDevChris

Hmm, sounds strange. It seems like a crash that's directly related to the AGS engine, but at least the fact that it doesn't crash consistently in exactly the place each time should allow you to play the game to the end. Room10 is the saloon screen. Did the game only crash in that screen, or in other rooms too?

It may have been upgrading your drivers and/or DirectX drivers which may have done the trick. Perhaps even the simple act of rebooting your system. I'm glad to hear that the problem hasn't occured since.

Other soltuions might involve selecting different settings in the Winsetup.exe program that comes with the game, or turning off the "Special effects" and "footsteps" options in the Game Options menu in the game.

If you experience any further crashes, it'd be appreciated it you could paste them here along with the exact error messages. Thanks.

gameonly

PLEASE HELP,i have the very same problem,i have the full download
and evry time the game crashes when i finish act-1,exactly with the
very same error message can anyone HELP ?,i canot proceed with the game

GameDevChris

What version of the game are you running and which site did you download it from? (assuming you didn't buy the CD).

You can find the game version by looking at the top of the readme.txt file or by loading the game and going to the "Settings" menu (drag the mouse to the top-left screen corner) and then clicking the "?" button.

gameonly

now in know why my game crashes,because for about a month ago i bought this game,from the (himalaya studios web site),where i canot
pick the version i want,but now i know that i got only version 2
and for my money i want version 3,wich have alot fixes,but how to get it
i dont know,please let me know,by emiling to me at (samschw@earthlink.net),so please HELP ?

GameDevChris

To get version 3.0, just go to the Al Emmo page on the Himalaya Studios site here:

http://www.himalayastudios.com/alemmo.html

Uninstall your old 2.0 version of the game and then install the new trial version by clicking on the "Download Demo" button on the above page. Install it and then run the game.

On the Splash screen that appears, click the "Enter Key" button and then copy and paste the key that you were e-mailed when you bought the game from the Himalaya Store.

If you don't have that, please e-mail your full name and the same e-mail address you purchased the game with to replacements@himalayastudios.com with the subject line "Al Emmo v3.0 Upgrade".

Thanks!

gameonly

i canot start this game,because to make it a full version working game
i must enter 2 things,#1,full registered name,#2,in the line below
it asks for the activation key wich i have,but the registration name never heard of this so please help ?
samuel schwartz

GameDevChris

I can't find any record of you having purchased the game via the Himalaya Studios store when searching the records by name or e-mail address.

Additionally, version 2.0 has not been available directly from the Himalaya Studios store since early 2009. Are you sure you didn't purchase it elsewhere?  It is possible that some third party sites are still selling digital download versions of version 2.0.

Can you please privately forward the sales receipt email you received to support@himalayastudios.com ?

Cheers.