Game crashes

Previous topic - Next topic

Liz

Hello, I'm trying to play the demo of Al Emmo and keep having crashes. It happens when I move to a new area or save, but not every time. If relevent, my video card is GeForce 7900 GS.
Thanks for any help,
Liz

GameDevChris

Hi Liz,

Can you explain in a little more detail what happens when these crashes occur? For example, is there a specific error message that appears? Is it the same error message every time, or do the messages differ? If there's an error in a windows message window, you can use CTRL-C and CTRL-V to copy and paste the text here in the forums.

If you haven't done so already, you might try installing the latest drivers for your graphics & sound card and also installing the latest version of DirectX.

Liz

Hi,
Thanks for responding so quickly. There was an error message- I went back to recheck it, and I could swear it had previously said I had 19 minutes left, but now it says the demo time is gone. Anyway, I won't buy the game if it's not working right. Too bad, looks like a good one!
Thanks again,
Liz

GameDevChris

I'm assuming that you downloaded the game from TellTale or some other download portal which gives you an hour of gameplay time?

There's a link to an untimed version of the demo on our own website at:

www.AlEmmo.com

If you download that, it'll let you play through the entire first act and will never give you a time limit.  If you decide to download this demo and try it, please let me know if you re-experience those crashes and error messages. Thanks.

Liz

Oh, that's great! I will do that tonight. Thank you.
Liz