Support Climb to Conquer Cancer

Previous topic - Next topic

GameDevBrit

Hey guys!

I'm not sure if any of you have been effected by cancer in your life, but I've known a lot of people to succumb to the illness, including my dad, grandma, and my best friends' brother.  I've also have two friends who are survivors.  I'm going to be participating in the "Climb to Conquer Cancer" as a means of honoring them, raising awareness, and raising money for research and quality of life programs for those suffering from cancer.

The hike is going to be at the end of February and will end at the roof top of South Mountain.  Ok, so it's not QUITE the Himalayas, but hey, it goes along with the mountain theme of our company, and our belief that taking things step for step will help us in reaching our ultimate goals (i.e. aiding the adventure genre, helping those with cancer, etc).  The range is a beautiful desert region in Phoenix, Arizona.  You can see a picture of South Mountain here:

http://content.ichotelsgroup.com/destin ... 272_57.jpg

If you have the desire to support the cause, and have the resources, please feel free to donate!  You can access the donation page here:

http://www.acsevents.org/faf/donorReg/d ... =162489129

Also, if you have any family or friends who have had cancer, please let me know, as I'd like to honor them on the hike to the top!

Thanks for your support!

Britney

vernonelderv

Hi Brit,
                           I wish you and all the other climbers well on this
worthwhile cause. I wish I could join you,but,that's impossible right
now. Would it be possible for you to take some pictures of the
scenery to share with all of us?
                            As I mentioned to you in a private message I am
a cancer survivor. I really appreciate you efforts to raise money for
Cancer research.
                           Take Care and best wishes on the hike,
                                                                                   Vern

Drule

That's a great cause. I'd donate, but I'm foreign and I don't have a credit card or much money at the moment. I wish you all the best though.

Also vernonelderv, I'm glad to hear that you survived. :)

EDIT:

Oh, looks like that was quite a while ago. Oh well, I hope it went well!
Hello.