Error message after installation

Previous topic - Next topic

kattie90

Hello -

I've been having a problem with getting Al Emmo to work.  I successfully installed the game, and when I tried to open the game, I received the following message:

"There was a problem initializing graphics mode 640x480 (32-bit).  The requested adapter mode is not supported"

I tried several configurations of the graphics driver and graphics filter options. (and my computer has Vista). 

Winsetup doesn't give another resolution option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

GameDevChris

Firstly, in the winsetup.exe program, try unchecking the "Force Alternate Letterbox resolution" only and see if that works.

If not, in winsetup.exe, try changing the "Graphics Driver" to "DirectDraw5" instead and see if that makes any difference.

If the "Graphics Filter" setting doesn't work when set to "None", try setting it to "2x Nearest Neighbour".

What model video card do you have? Have you installed the latest drivers for both your video card and DirectX?

Some newer video cards, like Nvidia models, sometimes don't support certain resolutions "out of the box" but usually have a control panel where you can add 640x480 ad 640x400 as a custom resolution.

kattie90

I tried the three things that you mentioned and got the program to work.

Thank you so much!

GameDevChris