why is AL Emmo and the lost dutchman's mine not on steam?

Previous topic - Next topic

djarum

I started playing the remakes king's quest a few days ago and thought they where excellent, so I wanted buy AL Emmo and the lost dutchman's mine. I was wondering why its not for sale on steam. steam and gog.com are the only places I buy pc games from. I also looked on big fish games because I would of considered buying it from there also but its not for sale on there either.

GameDevChris

Steam wouldn't accept Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, but unfortunately they don't tell developers why, or what their acceptance criteria is. We also inquired about getting the game on GOG, but they didn't reply. And Big Fish Games wouldn't take the game on account of the adult humour.

There are, however, other places online where you can purchase the game:

Direct2Drive - They offer v1.0 still, which is an outdated version.

If you want v3.0 which supports higher-res graphics and other improvements, you'd need to buy it from:

The Himalaya Site

or

Desura - Which is like Steam for indie games

GameDevChris

Amazon is still selling the older version. I sent Meridian 4, our publisher, a new build months ago, but they haven't updated it on any of their distribution channels yet.

The only places that sell the new v3.0 version so far are our own store and Desura.

djarum

I bought directly from you guys. first pc game I bought in almost 4 years that was not from steam or gog, last game was gears of war pc version. I signed up for steam a few months ago and have spent more on pc games in these last few months than I did for the entire last decade, I only bought 6 games for the pc from 2000 to 2010. after sierra died I mainly played console games. anyway  I am only about a hour and a half in to Al Emmo and the lost dutchman's mine so far I like it. you guys make great games I hope you are able to make the connections you need to in the industry and sort the distribution out, I look forward to hopefully seeing more original and remakes from you.

GameDevChris

Thanks! Glad to hear that you're enjoying what you've played so far.

And yup, the digital download sites make it much easier to spend money on games, because the process is pretty much reduced to a few mouse clicks once you have an account. It's definitely a good channel to be in for game developers (perhaps not so good for a cash-strapped games addict, though!).

At any rate, we'll also keep trying to get our future games into as many distribution channels as possible. Thanks for the feedback!

GameDevChris

For anybody who reads this thread, Al Emmo has since been submitted to Steam Greenlight. Please upvote it "yes" if you'd like to see the game come to the Steam platform!

More information is available in this forum thread

Or you can visit the Al Emmo page directly on Steam Greenlight at the following link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94874423