iPhone/iPad?

Previous topic - Next topic

oxygen1234

I read in the interview that you did at http://diehardgamefan.com/ that you were planning on doing an Android and iOS version of Mage's Initiation. I'm curious about how you were planning on going about doing that? Does AGS have iOS support now?

GameDevChris

Hi oxygen1234,

Yup, that's the plan. AGS doesn't feature iOS support at the moment, but if things go well and we're able to hire more programmers next year, it's something we'd want to look into, for sure.

There will certainly be an Android version of Mage's Initiation, though (and Al Emmo, too).

Nipples

Yes, this is great news! I really hope you have iPad/iPhone versions of your games.

There really isn't anything else like Mage's Initiation available for iOS right now.

GameDevChris

There's a port of AGS in the works for iPad/iPhone. I don't actually own any hardware starting with a lower-case 'i' though, so I haven't been able to test Mage's out on it yet. It's working great on Android devices, though!

We do intend to release the game on both Android and iPhone/iPad and we're taking certain design aspects into consideration right now to accommodate the touch-screen interface.  Much will depend on the progress of AGS and when the ports being worked on are finalized, however.

Nipples

Quote from: GameDevChris on October 31, 2012, 05:21:42 AM
We do intend to release the game on both Android and iPhone/iPad and we're taking certain design aspects into consideration right now to accommodate the touch-screen interface.  Much will depend on the progress of AGS and when the ports being worked on are finalized, however.

Best news ever! I would love to play the game on my iPhone or iPad. As of today, more people in United States have iPhones than android phones (android had taken lead for a time this year). Also, when people were asked what their next smartphone would be, the overwhelming majority said iPhone.

So, it would just be crazy not to release an iOS version. But, like you say, there are circumstances outside your control.

Can't wait!