Skip this puzzle option

Previous topic - Next topic

mbday630

After having been stuck in Al Emmo for the past week, and not being able to get a saved game, and thus not being able to finish the game, I was wondering if you could put in the option of "skip this puzzle" or something so people could finish a game.  I am very frustrated that I am so close to the end of the game, have looked at walkthroughs, and nothing helps. It sure would be nice to have a skip puzzle option.  Just a thought.

DrJones

There's actually an option to skip a puzzle in the game, but it's for the slider puzzle. I don't think they'll make a change for a single hardware problem reported from one single user; for example I have one problem with the mouse slider that they couldn't fix, luckily that didn't prevent me from beating the game.

I think that if you use a savegame, you might have problems later, because there's a chasing sequence where you have to run to catch the evil guy. What I can do, is offer you a possible workaround that might let you continue playing. What you have to do is:

1. Download the basic Autohotkey here: http://www.autohotkey.com/download/
I prefer to use the zip to the installer, but both works.
2. Run AutoHotkey.exe and allow it to create a sample script.
3. Right click on its tray icon and choose "Edit this script"
4. At the end of the file, write the following line (without the semicolons) "-::Click 3"
5. Save the file and right click on the tray icon again. Choose "Reload this script"

Now, everytime you press the "-" key, you will perform a double click. Run the game and see if you can run now. I have chosen that key because It shouldn't interfere with your game play, but you can choose any other key.

Once you beat the game, you can uninstall Autohotkey. Hope this helps. :)

EDIT: I tested it and it works, but not seamlessly. You either have to press "-" soon after you click with the mouse, or press "-" two or three times in a row to get Al to run.

EDIT 2: If you are experiencing lag, try to disable effects or close any other programs that might be running on the background.
No.

GameDevChris

FYI, during the chase sequence, the game is set to auto-run mode, so Al will run by default when single-clicking.

mbday630

I don't think it is a software problem. Occasionally if I click on exactly the right point he will run, but most of the time he just walks really really slow. That hot key thing sounds way too hard for me to handle.  For people like me, it would be nice to have a "skip this puzzle" option.

or, if someone has a saved game with the downloaded version and could send it to me, that would be really good.  I also have the disk version of this game, but I got the downloaded version as a Christmas present from a friend so I decided to play that instead of my disk version.