Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira won't open

Previous topic - Next topic

Racaboss

I recently purchased this game on CD and after installation when I try to open game I get the following error message:  Unable to write to current directory. Do not run this game off a network or CD rom drive. Also check drive space (you need 1MB free).  I am running Windows 7 and I have plenty of space on my computer.  Any suggestions?

DrJones

Windows 7 has some troubles with privileges and games made with old releases of Adventure Game Studio, maybe it was solved if playing the game with admin rights, but I would wait for actual support to arrive, as I'm not a Win 7 user.
No.

GameDevChris

The game was compiled with a pretty new version of AGS.

Try doing what Dr Jones suggested. Go to the game directory, and right click on the Postcards from Anozira.exe file. Select the option to always run it with administrator privileges. That might work.

Otherwise, try going to the game directory, selecting all files and right clicking on them to bring up the properties menu. Make sure the "Read Only" checkbox is completely unchecked and then click OK. Try running it then and see if it makes a difference.

DrJones

He's talking about the CD version, which I think was made in a previous AGS version, though.
No.

GameDevChris

This is Postcards from Anozira (the Hidden Object Game), not "Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine (the adventure game).

Racaboss, who's the publisher of the CD?

Racaboss

The CD is from On Hand Software.  I attempted to contact them but have gotten no response.

DrJones

You're right! It serves me well for not having read the entire title before replying.
No.

GameDevChris

Racaboss, if the suggestions above don't work could you send an email to support@himalayastudios.com

I'll arrange a new version for you.

Racaboss

GameDevChris--the suggestions did not work.  I just sent you an email.  Thank you!