Mage's Initiation Demo

Previous topic - Next topic

ElsieD

Such a pleasant blast from the past! You guys have paid Sierra their due props with this one.

Feedback/Suggestions
The sliders for volume control do not appear to be functioning.

When choosing attributes, mousing over the choices should provide a bit of information on the advantages. Perhaps this will work itself out once we are allowed to choose our specialties, but starting cold this way gave me pause while selecting. Also, aside from saving before selecting attributes, there is no way to de-select if we change our minds.

That's all for now. I was having fun until the combat where I must restart from the beginning each time (grr)! I'm no good at combat and would appreciate an auto-fight option based on a series of choices made before battle or "easy," "normal," and "hard" modes as I'm a lover, not a fighter.  :hehe:

GameDevChris

Thanks for the comments and feedback. Glad you enjoyed the retro-ness!

Sliders: Yup, we're aware of this. There was actually a bug we found in the music/sound system at the last moment and we couldn't track it down. So we just locked the audio sliders instead. Will definitely be fixed for the final game.

Attribute mouse-overs: Yes, this will also be in the final game. We ran out of time to add it in the demo, but a description of each stat will appear in the box at the bottom of the screen when the mouse is hovered over the stats.

We'll also be tweaking the combat system based on the feedback we've received thus far. Stay tuned and thanks for playing!