Bug: Crashed during combat

Previous topic - Next topic

bsnd

Dev team,

I was playing your demo and the game crashed after I died a gazillion times during combat. I attached a screenshot of the error. Something about looping sprites. Hope that helps.

As for the demo, I like this game a lot so far! Very immserive and great artwork. Music/sound is very well done as well. I will definitely back this game. But in my honest opinion that was a very tough fight for an introduction to your combat system. I also feel a little silly having to run around everywhere in circles all the time shooting fireballs. Seems a little awkward. Just one guy's opinion though. Overall great game so far!

GameDevChris

Thanks for the bug report!

With the combat, there are certain strategies to learn with the monsters and spells. It's entirely possible to finish the battle without wasting much mana and without having to evade the enemies for too long. It just requires a bit of experimentation with the spells to see how they work and which ones are more powerful. Also, enemies will sometimes drop healing and mana potions which you can use to restore your energy. You can bring up the inventory menu and drink the potions from there by clicking the hand icon on them, which pauses the battle.

Additionally, with the demo, there are some limitations that won't be in the final game, such as being confined to one forest screen. In the final game, you'll be able to run away from enemies if you're losing, or lure them into an adjacent screen where you have more room to fight.

Thanks for the feedback, too. It's awesome to hear you liked the demo and cheers in advance for your forthcoming Kickstarter pledge! ;)

bsnd

Just pledged! Thanks for the reply, Chris. I will keep experimenting with the spells, I like that you guys have included a lot of things to discover as you play. One of the things I liked the most about the QFG2 remake was the interesting new twists in the combat system and after playing with it a while you stumble across new strategies. Great stuff, looking forward to the release!

ShadowNate

I've got the exact same crash to desktop bug.
---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.21.1115)

Error: The character 'Redcap Goblin' could not be displayed because there were no frames in loop 0 of view 259.

OK   
Just thought I would provide this as a confirmation feedback for the bug.
My system is Windows 7 SP1 x64,the desktop analysis was 1920x1080 (I think the game uses its own resolution though, but I was unable to find out exactly what it uses) and the installation folder was in a custom path (not the Windows System drive).

I'm already a backer for this project, and wish you all the best with the development.

antipus

We are working on the loop 0 bug as we speak. Thanks for sending in such detailed error reports! Keep 'em coming!

arj0n

Probably useless to say but encountered the same at 'loop 0 of view 259'

Magnus

Got the same bug (for the 'Pygmy Goblin' and view 351, but still).

I'm still working to get through the goblin combat scene, but so far I've really enjoyed the game.

Magnus

Next one:

Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00422E5F ; program pointer is +72, ACI version 3.21.1115, gtags (23,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

antipus

Oooooh! Oooooh! That's a new one!

Thank you so much for the updates and the bug reports! We all really appreciate the extra mile you all go to send these to us!