Mage's Initiation Main Theme Revealed

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicallyInspired

In celebration of reaching our $95,000 "quest goal", I've revealed the Main Theme for Mage's Initiation for all to hear! This particular version may not make it into the game, but I consider it the full main theme for the game (and/or series if we get to that point!). Check it out!

Mage's Initiation Main Theme

Also, check out more select musical picks from the game if you haven't already!

Mage's Initiation Select Music Themes

Nipples

Love it. Reminds me of an Alan Silvestri adventure movie score.

Excellent!

bsnd

Soundtrack is great. Very atmospheric and not terribly predictable either! Which is refreshing.

I've noticed the quality of the music has improved too since previous games. There's substantial improvement in all areas with each release. Looking forward to hearing the rest!

Halcyon_Serenade

I like it!  I was kind of waiting for a recognizable "theme", and one wasn't coming... then the horn part (horn?  Closest thing I can name that sounds like that) came, and it sounded suitably epic.

If you don't mind me asking, what software did you use to make this?

MusicallyInspired

I'm using Cakewalk Sonar X1 with the Garriton Personal Orchestra 4 VSTi. I have a few other plugins I'll use every now and then, but mainly Garriton. I'd love to record it with the Hollywood-quality East West libraries but I'm much too poor for that :).

Nipples

The start reminds me of the beginning of the "Flight of the Navigator" theme, and the main part that begins at 47 seconds reminds me of "Superman" and "Back to the Future" (and of course QFG) themes. Rousing, catchy and adventurous sound. Also, the magical, mystical sounds at the beginning and end seem appropriate for this Mage's series. Well done!