Demo comments

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyd

Just completed the demo.  Not much to say about the non-combat part it but it's good for an introduction. 

The combat took a bit of getting used to, but overall was pretty good for an early alpha demo.  I think my only frustration was when D'Arc got completely surrounded by enemies.  While the #3 spell could prevent this, I found that if I didn't have enough mana for it it was basically game over.  I couldn't consume the mana potion when I was being bludgeoned from all sides / couldn't run away.    I suppose it is realistic but still a bit frustrating when there's no way out.  I don't know if some sort of roll / dodge option could be implemented to help with this. 

I'm also curious what Strength will do since there wasn't any melee attack option.  Are there plans to implement a melee attack of some kind?  I think it would be good if there was one; I know D'Arc is a mage, not a warrior, so perhaps make it much weaker than spells or simply stun the enemies so the player always has a strong incentive to use magic. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the game.