Congratulations!!

Previous topic - Next topic

unleasher

on getting to 125K!  That is a huge accomplishment. Go Team! 

So now what are the next steps?  how often can we expect updates on the game?

FamousAdventurer77

Thank you! :) It was many months of hard work, and it felt amazing to see the fans come through for us.

Now, we work on the game, gauge the feature creep that's now upon us as our backers have generously funded extra content and whatnot, and get the wheels in motion with our suppliers for the goodies we're having made. We still got another 10 days or so til the smoke clears from Amazon, though.

Ideally we'd like to do an update at least once a month, talking about progress made on the game, and possibly reserve some updates for significant milestones.
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

unleasher

Thank you for the quick reply.  Also, are you planning to have an updated demo or 3 or 4 as time goes on to get feedback?

FamousAdventurer77

Probably not due to it chewing up the time we'd definitely need to put towards the finished game, but we'll be using the beta for additional feedback when the time comes. We've definitely taken the feedback received on this demo into account!
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

FamousAdventurer77

Actually, disregard my last message-- there WILL be an updated demo or two coming out in the coming months meant to get feedback for the combat retooling, namely. Sorry, it's been a mad dash here and I forgot about that!

unleasher

excellent, that sounds great.

Do you have a guess as to when the beta will come out?

FamousAdventurer77

Our target beta date is October-November. We initially planned it earlier but figured the fall was a safer bet because we're expanding the game substantially, and are taking player feedback into account from the demo (soon to be demos) to retool the combat. Not to mention we need to add new backgrounds and sprites for the new game areas and sidequests opened up.

The wait will be worth it. :)

unleasher

Sweet!  don't mind the wait at all myself since i have a big backlog of games, etc that i have yet to get through!

Anaxphone

I hope we didn't traumatize you all too badly with the deluge of demo feedback...

WriteOh

The demo feedback was immensely helpful, on just about every level. The fact that the vast majority of it was so well thought out, detailed and specific was taken as highly motivating.
"Think of me as an omniscient, noncorporeal manifestation of total wisdom."

RogerXY

I think you did everything right at Himalaya Studios, therefore the Kickstarter was so successful (together with the help from us backers ofc. ;)). Congratulations!
Brimhall of Fame