Stuck in the demo

Previous topic - Next topic

daveyd

I'm embarrassed to say it, but I'm baffled on what to do in the demo.  I know I need to get the clear gem from the reading hall but I can't figure out how to get it.  Probably missing something really obvious but for the life of me I can't see what it is. 

MusicallyInspired

The elements will have to aid you in solving these puzzle. It's somewhere high and out of reach. Perhaps and item that uses the aether element in some way would be of help. Look around for something that can aid you. Use the age-old technique of trying to pick up everything not nailed down. ;)

daveyd

Thanks. I had the bellows, but for some reason just didn't think to use it there.  I guess I'm a bit out of practice with point and click adventure games.

Jaim

It's not immediately obvious why you would use a pair of bellows to blow a crystal off a shelf, particularly when there are all of those weapons in the training room with very long broom-like handles on them.

Using the bellows was the first thing I tried, but I only tried it because the other available objects made even less sense, and I didn't have a 'fetch' spell.

(I don't mean to be too critical - just reporting the thoughts I had as I played.)

Rituro

Quote from: MusicallyInspired on March 21, 2013, 12:25:46 AMUse the age-old technique of trying to pick up everything not nailed down. ;)

Ah, good old adventure games... when logic, reason and imagination fail, brute force is always the answer to any problem. ;)
Writer/Contributor at www.TorontoThumbs.com

GrowlingM1ke

I actually unlocked a new room purely by mistake. I over-interpreted the note we got from that mage dude and put a password that corresponded to the appearance of certain words in that note (fire, water etc)... Nothing special it is generally an empty room, but it makes me wonder other of rooms that I might have missed...

Nidoking

I'm pretty sure any combination that isn't set to a specific room goes to the same empty room. I gave it a try just to see what would happen.

asianmusicguy

your righy it takes you to the room if you enter anything wrong or you enter nothing at all

antipus

In the actual game, there are quite a few other rooms that you can get to if you just put in the right code. But don't spend too much of your life trying combinations at random... Those rooms were removed (along with a lot of other stuff) to help keep the demo file reasonably small. =)