List of Adventure Game Kickstarters?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipples

Okay, my second attempt at an off-topic post. First was shut down to prevent rumors and speculation, which is good because it shows this Himalaya team conducts themselves with professionalism and integrity. Makes me more proud to be a backer.

Anyway, I would love to see a continually updated list with the details of current and past adventure game Kickstarters, similar to this German language one:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=475159#p475159

If anyone out there is able to translate that information, it would be great to have all of that information easily accessible in English somewhere.

I also think it's fun to see little rankings like "top funded adventure" and "highest percentage funded of initial goal", etc.

Intendant S

I've backed practically every adventure game Kickstarter since Leisure Suit Larry.  You want a list, here it is:

My KS Profile Page
"Then you fear yourself. I don't want your fear; I want your love. If you can't love me, who can?"

Nipples

Quote from: Intendant S on April 02, 2013, 07:34:51 PM
I've backed practically every adventure game Kickstarter since Leisure Suit Larry.  You want a list, here it is:

My KS Profile Page

That's legend status right there.

navynuke04

You can also check out Broomie's facebook page he created for adventure games in Kickstarter

http://www.facebook.com/kickstartventuresblog

Intendant S

Quote from: navynuke04 on April 02, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
You can also check out Broomie's facebook page he created for adventure games in Kickstarter

http://www.facebook.com/kickstartventuresblog

That is quite a nice tool to use for when you want to find an adventure game Kickstarter project.  You'll notice that I've been helping out with posting news, too.   8)
"Then you fear yourself. I don't want your fear; I want your love. If you can't love me, who can?"

Intendant S

A little bit of an update on the KickstartVenture front.  Broomie asked me if I would help out with posting updates and news for the FB page and upcoming blog, so you know you'll be kept up-to-date on the goings-on of projects past and future.

Nipples

Quote from: Intendant S on April 04, 2013, 11:43:47 PM
A little bit of an update on the KickstartVenture front.  Broomie asked me if I would help out with posting updates and news for the FB page and upcoming blog, so you know you'll be kept up-to-date on the goings-on of projects past and future.

Excellent. Where is the blog going to be hosted?

Intendant S

Quote from: Nipples on April 05, 2013, 04:56:00 AM
Quote from: Intendant S on April 04, 2013, 11:43:47 PM

Excellent. Where is the blog going to be hosted?

I'm not privy that that information.  Broomie would be the one to announce the information when it's ready.  I'll let you know here when I know.

Intendant S

Here's another good looking adventure game: A Small Favor by ClickShake Games. I loved their Reemus games and previous Small Favor games and I just had to back it. They're billing it as a 2D side-scrolling adventure and I'm hoping that it makes it.

Nipples

Quote from: Intendant S on April 16, 2013, 02:54:17 PM
Here's another good looking adventure game: A Small Favor by ClickShake Games. I loved their Reemus games and previous Small Favor games and I just had to back it. They're billing it as a 2D side-scrolling adventure and I'm hoping that it makes it.

I'm backing it too! The price is right, and I liked their pitch video.

Intendant S

I'd like to announce that the Twitter feed is now live!

https://twitter.com/KS_Ventures

The blog should be up soon. I don't have a date, yet, though

Intendant S

Realm is a new adventure game Kickstarter set in a future where nature has reclaimed the land over the ruins of humanity. Play as Sarina and her stone golem companion Toru as they journey to find a cure to save her sick mother. It looks beautiful and you should check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game

Intendant S

AR-K is a traditional sci-fi PnC adventure where you play as a journalism student who works to unravel a mystery behind the "Golden Sphere". And it comes with plenty of humor, if you're into that sort of thing. The first episode is free to download on their Web site.

dakwiz

RogerXY

Brimhall of Fame

unleasher

Realm looks VERY nice!  I really hope it makes it!

MusicallyInspired

Realm look absolutely appetizing! I hope it makes it and I hope I have the money to back it eventually.

Intendant S

What do you get when you take a traditional point-and-click adventure game and add a liberal dose of Boggle to the mix? You get Spellirium, a fun looking blend of story and spelling game. Now, it's not on Kickstarter or Indigogo, but they instead created their own funding page.  Head on over to http://spellirium.com/ and check it out.

FamousAdventurer77

Spellirium looks really interesting. I just grabbed myself a pledge!
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

daveyd

Quote from: Intendant S on April 23, 2013, 11:54:16 AM
Realm is a new adventure game Kickstarter set in a future where nature has reclaimed the land over the ruins of humanity. Play as Sarina and her stone golem companion Toru as they journey to find a cure to save her sick mother. It looks beautiful and you should check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game

I backed this game even after I swore I was going to lay off on backing KS projects until some of the ones I backed get released.  But The Realm looks very promising.

Intendant S

Good news, everyone!  The blog is now officially live and includes not just news about Kickstarted adventure projects but also reviews, interviews, and other articles.  Come check it out and have fun.

http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/

Nipples

Quote from: Intendant S on May 12, 2013, 02:03:05 PM
Good news, everyone!  The blog is now officially live and includes not just news about Kickstarted adventure projects but also reviews, interviews, and other articles.  Come check it out and have fun.

http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/

I love this, but the formatting shows up really awful on my iPhone. I don't mind making the adjustments in my browser to be able to read it, but I think the formatting could be tinkered with slightly so that it is easier to read on some mobile devices.

Also, I mentioned this earlier:

http://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=475159#p475159

I also wish the Kickstart Adventure blog had all the info this German post has, but in English.

Anyway, great job with the blog!!!

Intendant S

I can't read German, but I think I get the idea.  We're looking at expanding the information for each project in the games page to include things like platforms supported and possibly if there's a "slacker backer" program still in effect.

Intendant S

Nelly Cootalot is a traditional point-and-click adventure game where you play as a pirate on a quest to rescue a bunch of hypnotized birds from the clutches of evil Baron Widebeard. If you're a fan of Monkey Island, I'd highly suggest you give this a glance as it looks to have the same charm and humor.

They made a previous game (called Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy) that is freeware and they have a link to it on the project's front page.

FamousAdventurer77

I played Nelly Cootalot-- I rather liked the whimsical art style, it had some good humor (like the cat burglar.) I'll back it!
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

Intendant S

Ages of Madness is a Lovecraft-style point-and-click adventure game where you play a young student named Balthasar.  You're tasked to unravel a mystery in the ancient Middle East, and the fate of the world could rest in your hands as the conspiracy unfolds.  If you're a fan of the Cthulhu Mythos then you should check this one out.  Go mad...or go home.

Intendant S

The creator of Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood, Doug TenNapel, is now developing yet another claymation pen-and-paper adventure game by the name of Armikrog. It stars a space explorer named Tommynaut and his blind dog-like companion Beak-Beak in a sci-fi adventure. As the project page promises: "They crash land on a weird planet and end up locked in a mysterious fortress called Armikrog. Then...the adventure begins!"

We have not one, but TWO articles up on the KickstartVentures blog for you to check out, too:
A new "Currently Kickstarting" by Michael Shaw (http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/currently-kickstarting-armikrog/)
A guest article by fellow AGRM member Speedster (http://www.kickstartadventure.com/home/welcome-back-a-game-designer-who-wields-the-pen-of-10-zaniness/)

Intendant S

A Vampyre Story: Year One is a humorous point-and-click adventure where you play as Mona De Laffite as she wanders Castle Warg and tries to escape it. It is a prequel to the original A Vampyre Story and it promises to tell the story leading up to it.

Intendant S

Now on Indigogo: Fleish & Cherry in Crazy Hotel by Red Little House Studios
"Do you pine for the good ol' days when cartoons were in black and white? Are you a fan of adventure games? Well, that answer is obvious if you're already here. Fleish and Cherry looks like it will be a nice trip down memory lane all wrapped up in an interactive action-adventure story. With a twist. Instead of the traditional "damsel-in-distress" plotline, the male lead is instead the one captured and the heroine has to step in to save him."

Intendant S

Currently Kickstarting: Alum by Micah Orsie
"There have already been a number of retro Sierra- and Lucasarts-style adventure games Kickstarted over the past year, so why not add another one to the list? Micah Orsie and the people at Crashable Studios has just gone live with a classic point-and-click adventure game called Alum. You play as the titular character as he goes on a quest to find the cure to an epidemic dubbed "the vague" that has befallen the people of his city of Cosmos."

Nipples

This page summarizes a lot of adventure game Kickstarters:

http://www.adventureburger.com/

Puts everything in one place.

Intendant S

I'm also helping out with that site, too.

Intendant S

When you think of American McGee you generally think Alice.  So who better to create a darker and more disturbing Oz than him?  Just like his previous games, this isn't your grandmother's fantasy story.  No, OZombie is so much more than what you've read or seen.  Little has been revealed about the plot, but what I've seen leaves me breathless.  And they promise an action-adventure experience that should make fans of American's other works happy.

TRoss

Hi everyone, I just backed a Kickstarter project to fund an adventure point-and-click game named Dropsy by Jay Tholen. Though its roots are in the point-and-click games of old, Dropsy will be an almost entirely text-free experience. There are colorful characters to communicate with, but the dialogue is handled visually (via icons) rather than linguistically. Oh, and the music is absolutely brilliant. Jay Tholen borrows from almost every relevant genre of the past 70 years, so the music evokes memories of an old Soundblaster card or FM Synthesizer, fuzzed out guitars, organs, tape echo, 70's drum machines, vintage keyboards...

Here's a link to the Kickstarter page:

--> Dropsy: A Surreal Exploration Based Adventure Game - Kickstarter Page

Definitely the most perfect Kickstarter video I have seen yet.

Cheers,
Tom

FamousAdventurer77

Those are some seriously 1992-era graphics...awesome!