Making your Pal Pay

Previous topic - Next topic

Anaxphone

How are you doing on that side?
Haven't heard too much about it, and I'm curious if pledges are coming in steadily, or if it's fairly quiet.

FamousAdventurer77

I can't update the PayPal total on the Kickstarter page anymore because the "Edit Project" button vanished the second we got funded, but I've been keeping a spreadsheet on our PayPal pledges. They're still trickling in! According to my stats, we've gathered $3,651 net of fees altogether from PayPal; $1,060 net of fees specifically after the Kickstarter ended primarily from new pledges, but also a few folks who upped their pledges at the last minute with the Donate button.

Sweet! :D
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

Anaxphone

Very nice!
I was just curious and it wasn't addressed in the update on KS from a couple days ago, nor a topic I'd seen here.  Thank you for the update.

Balinaeri

Wow, that brings the total to close to $130K. I have to say that midway through the KS that I would've said that number was merely a dream.

Nice to be proven wrong, particularly for a project that interests me as much as this one.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and to play Mage's Initiation. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

FamousAdventurer77

I'd definitely like to do a mini-update sometime soon about the financial aspects, showing how much we ended up having to work with after the smoke cleared and how the Show Me The Money pie chart shifted as a result (since that's really my area of expertise.) It would not only be informative and transparent to you guys, but I also hope it helps educate prospective creators and the general public about what they can reasonably expect finance-wise.

But yes, we got over $1,000 net of new pledges from PayPal after the campaign ended-- thank you, slacker backers! :D I'm itching to get more of our swag into production, but there is some art/design work still to be done in that department and game assets get priority, but Bort's sculpture is still being worked on at our figure manufacturer, and I believe Varner's or perhaps Priestess Amun-Cul's is next.
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

Nipples

Quote from: FamousAdventurer77 on April 04, 2013, 07:54:39 PM
I'd definitely like to do a mini-update sometime soon about the financial aspects, showing how much we ended up having to work with after the smoke cleared and how the Show Me The Money pie chart shifted as a result (since that's really my area of expertise.) It would not only be informative and transparent to you guys, but I also hope it helps educate prospective creators and the general public about what they can reasonably expect finance-wise.

Are we getting the next monthly update soon? I am very interested to see the current state of the money situation. I believe you had said you were going to post breakdowns of where things stand now. Also interested to know about progress on combat, etc. Seems like the combat system is going to be extremely important to get right.

I can almost foresee possible "Mage's Initiation" review headlines a year from now: "beautifully and carefully constructed adventure, BUT combat disappoints." I know you are doing everything you can to get the system just right, so hopefully that fate can be avoided. So great that you are letting us try out the combat so we can give feedback during development.

Great job so far, guys!

FamousAdventurer77

Our next monthly update is coming very soon-- we ended up hitting a snag with the business side of things (a supplier reneged, grr...) but are back on course now.
Much to our delight, we ended up getting more funds than I expected after the smoke cleared even taking cancelled pledges into account, and have been able to direct most of that surplus straight into development to really make the game shine. We still have a few PayPal pledges trickling in maybe once a week or so...our PayPal grand total net of fees is now $3,837. To avoid confusion though, I'd leave the graphs to show how much was available at the time the campaign ended.

We also hope to get Demo 2.0 out soon enough to show off combat tweaks and get additional feedback. Even though the current demo isn't totally representative of how the final build will be, Demo 2.0 should hopefully offer a more accurate look with the tweaks we've already taken into account. We appreciate the thorough feedback we've received!

GameDevChris

Yeah, sorry about the delay on updates. I also suffered the wrath of severe salmonella food poisoning last week and had to be hospitalized on an IV drip after not being able to keep anything down for 4 days. Incredibly unpleasant experience! It was around about then I was wishing I had access to a vial of Mage's Water or the Water Mage's Heal spell.

A new update will be coming shortly, though, after I'm fully recovered and we have all the ducks in a row.

Nipples

Get well soon! We need the best indie adventure game development team leader out there to be at full strength and working his magic again to give us another great game!

Anaxphone

Yikes!  Salmonella is no fun at all...

Get better!