also stuck, door system

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuaraq

Well, I figured out that you have to read the rhyme to open the door and go to the training hall, but otherwise than that, I'm clueless as to how to use the doors. I can punch the gem in the middle of the dial, but I just return to the same room. Or I can go to the rooms where I've already been. But I want to see the other rooms, too. Like th fountain hall. But no more rhymes show up. Is this a bug? or a puzzle? or am I just totally clueless?

Oh, that 's it for frustrations. Great demo! Great artwork! Wonderful background music! Marvellous interface and GUI's! Pleasant character portraits!

If a tiny bit of criticism isn't too much: The walking movement is glidng a bit, like the foot is set forward, then sliding slightly back across the floor as the character walks. But er, that's it for negative response. The rest is positive     :)

MusicallyInspired

The symbols around the gem can be pushed too. It's a combination lock with the gem in the center being the "enter button" so to speak.

Nanuaraq

Well, yes, I figured that out what with the rhyme and such. I'm past that, have been to the training room. But from here, I can't open any other rooms (I guess just trying out random combinations is going to do me little good).

Anaxphone

there are three (well, four, if you count where you get dumped for wrong combinations) rooms in the demo- the Reading Room, the Training Hall, and the Fountain Room.  The paper you are given in the Training Hall will give you the combination to the Fountain Room.
Once a room is "unlocked," it appears as an option by room name as well when interfacing with the door. If this is insufficient, I will happily go and grab screencaps for you.

(Busy listening to Jan Kavan's thank you concert from J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition right now.  He's a very skilled musician!)

Nanuaraq

Quote from: Anaxphone on April 10, 2013, 04:54:35 PM
there are three (well, four, if you count where you get dumped for wrong combinations) rooms in the demo- the Reading Room, the Training Hall, and the Fountain Room.  The paper you are given in the Training Hall will give you the combination to the Fountain Room.
Once a room is "unlocked," it appears as an option by room name as well when interfacing with the door. If this is insufficient, I will happily go and grab screencaps for you.

(Busy listening to Jan Kavan's thank you concert from J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition right now.  He's a very skilled musician!)

Erm... now this is embarassing...

There's a note in my inventory?

Erm...

I guess...

I'll just go and er...

read that note, then.

(sorry for bothering the board with this)

Nanuaraq

No wait, there's still something wrong.

There's no mention of the fountain hall on the paper from the training room.

If I use the combination that can be gathered from it by combining the four elements in sequence, it still doesn't open the door.

Anaxphone

Here's the instructions for the combination to reach the Fountain Hall:

dakwiz

Took me awhile to figure out the door system, but I liked it!

Nanuaraq

Hi, sorry for not getting back on it, been busy. Thanks for the hint, I was trying out a lot of other combinations of what was written on that document, but not the water water water  :blush:

Nice combat system too, will be even better with the announced changes.