Latest combat demo?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipples

Here to pester again. Was wondering if the next combat demo download will be available to everyone, or just to backers at a particular tier level. Also, any idea when it might be available?

GameDevChris

We're working on the new combat demo as we speak. It has been a bigger task that initially expected since the entire system had to be rebuilt from the ground up. The original one didn't support opponents which could cast the same spells as D'arc -- and we needed that functionality added to ensure that the Supreme Archmage backers from Kickstarter will be able to spar in combat against the player.

We have an idea, internally, about when we hope to release it, but I don't want to jump the gun just yet in case it ends up being delayed. Rest assured it'll be soon, though! We're also going to chat with the BeastMaster Kickstarter plegder over the weekend and start getting his monster concept added to the game.

And yeah, the future combat demos will be made available to Kickstarter and PayPal backers only. We want to release a few iterations of combat demos and get their feedback on each one leading up the the beta version of the game.

Nipples

Very exciting. Sounds like you all have been making a lot of progress already.

Sensuari

Well, I've downloaded the latest Combat Demo but it's asking me for a password?  I checked by emails from Mage's Initiation and my last update is Update #27.  So I figure I'm missing something.  Any help is appreciated.

Cheers   8)

GameDevChris

Can you see the latest updates #28 and #29 when you log into your Kickstarter account and look on the Mage's Initiation Kickstarter updates page?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2112639455/mages-initiation-a-classic-sierra-style-adventure/posts

The password is in update #29, but it's also in the first post of the sticky thread about combat in the Mage's Private Backers forum.

Sensuari

Quote from: GameDevChris on July 01, 2013, 08:51:44 PM
Can you see the latest updates #28 and #29 when you log into your Kickstarter account and look on the Mage's Initiation Kickstarter updates page?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2112639455/mages-initiation-a-classic-sierra-style-adventure/posts

The password is in update #29, but it's also in the first post of the sticky thread about combat in the Mage's Private Backers forum.

Thanks for the help!  :)  Worked great.

Cheers