Your games on larger screen iPhones?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipples

I was recently reading rumors about how the next iPhone will likely come with a larger screen, maybe 4.8 inches. My first reaction (besides "I must get one") after hearing this was to wonder if Mage's Initiation will work on a larger screen phone. I really want to play your game on my phone!

Maybe you can't say because the iPhone 6 hasn't been announced and it's all hypothetical, but do you anticipate problems getting your games to run on larger iPhones?

I will also buy the new version of Al Emmo when/if it becomes available for iOS.

Thanks again for all you do and for being a steady rock of consistent professionalism in an indie adventure game scene that can sometimes see more than its share of drama.

GameDevChris

I'm pretty sure that the mobile ports of our games will stretch to fill the full screen size, regardless of which device the games are being run on. I haven't done any testing yet on iOS devices, but the Android ports (both phone and larger screen tablets) look just fine and the performance is nice and smooth.

We're just trying to iron out a few kinks with unexpected dropouts and freezing video feed on slower Android devices. Once we've got the Android version of Al Emmo pinned down and released, it will be compatible with Android screens of all sizes, and then we can begin looking at the iOS ports. Unfortunately, Apple makes it a bit more difficult to test and roll out a release. But technically, once the Android quirks are taken care of, the iOS porting process, at least, should be a fairly smooth transition.

Nipples

Ok, thanks for the response. I remember reading something about how different size phones isn't really a concern for android app developers the way it would be for iOS app developers. The article talked about how the different iPhone sizes would be a "headache" for iOS app developers. Or maybe I'm confused. Oh, well. I'm sure you'll figure it out and do what's possible. I just thought it would stink if I got the phone and then couldn't play the game, since I'm never home to use the PC much.