My Debut Single Release - Uncontrolled Reentry

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicallyInspired

Hey, guys! I'm excited to announce my first step on my own into the music industry (besides the game work I've done) with my first song entitled "Uncontrolled Reentry"!

It's a 9-minute instrumental with elements of electronic, rock, progressive, and probably more reflecting my personal journey through life, how unpredictable it's been, and how I'm positive and excited about where the future will take me. All that fancy wording aside, it's basically just finally my own project with my own ideas and outlook on music that I've been wanting to get out there for years. It's inspired by artists like Mike Oldfield, Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, and even bands like Dream Theatre and Pagan's Mind. It's available from my website BrandonBlume.com, my Facebook Page and my Bandcamp music store only right now, but it will be coming to iTunes, Amazon, CD Baby, and more digital distributors in the coming weeks, and I'll let you know when that happens.

I'm releasing this single preemptively to support a forthcoming full-length album I'm thinking of calling "Peaks and Valleys". I'll be representing a somewhat wider variety of styles in the full album in various ways, but mostly by combining my favourite sounds into one style, similar to how I've done that in this single. And don't worry, the Mage's soundtrack is well underway and not being interfered with by this project.

You can stream Uncontrolled Reentry from my Bandcamp music store or from my SoundCloud. If you like what you hear and want to hear more please consider throwing me a dollar and supporting me and my project!

I hope you enjoy it. And if you do please spread the word and mention it to your friends. :)

EDIT: Uncontrolled Reentry is now available on multiple digital distribution music stores like iTunes, Amazon, and eventually CD Baby with more to follow (Rhapsody, Google Music Store, etc). So, for those who prefer those mediums, it's available for you!

You can still get it from my website/Bandcamp music store as well, where you can set your own price (min $1)!

KQartist

Wow Brandon, this sounds so awesome!  I love the changes in mood throughout, and the guitar is out of this world!  Also, as a visual artist, I was impressed with your album cover art.  All in all well done.  I'm getting this, and will pass on the word to people I know.  Thanks for sharing and best wishes on your music career.  You're so talented and deserve to succeed. :D

MusicallyInspired

Thanks, JP! Much appreciated! The artwork I made entirely with filters and effects in Photoshop 7 (and a small texture on the meteor with a Gimp filter which ended up not being visible pretty much at all lol). It was a lot easier and cheaper than hunting for royalty free images that fit the bill. I read a tutorial on how to make the starfield out of noise filters, brightness curves, and lens flares, and did the rest myself with some help from EyeCandy4000 filters. Turned out pretty well, I think. I like how it's not 100% real looking.

Nipples

Sounds great!

Why did you choose "Uncontrolled Reentry" for the title?

MusicallyInspired

Thanks!

I explained the title a bit in the OP. It pretty much reflects my life and how I don't really ever have as much control as I'd like or think I have. Unexpected events and twists happen all the time and throw all my plans out the window. But, as the optimistic and uplifting nature of the end portion of the song suggests, it all works out anyway in the end if you pull through and keep trying hard.

I'd also like to thank Himalaya for mentioning me in the latest Kickstarter update! It wasn't expected but much appreciated so thank you so much!

FamousAdventurer77

I gotta give it a listen! But come now, how could we not mention it in the update? :) Cover's very Space Quest-y!
"When I think of what could have been, makes it hard to start again"-- Downlow NYHC

Loney Childress

I like it and would love to see a whole album of this sort of thing.  I picked it up.

MusicallyInspired

Thank you, everybody!

Uncontrolled Reentry is now available on iTunes, Amazon, CD Baby (eventually), with more online music stores to come over time. So if you prefer those mediums you can get it there now too! It's also still available on my website/Bandcamp store. If you did buy my track a rating and/or a review doesn't hurt either. :) You can rate/review on iTunes, Amazon MP3, and also my main Bandcamp music store.