If this game is a hit...

Previous topic - Next topic

Blind

Can you make a game about the Oak island treasure next?

;)

http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/[/u]

GameDevBrit

Well, since you asked so nicely ;)

Hey, this is cool though.  A treasure that is almost guaranteed to be there, as long as you can find a way around the water?  Let's all gather together with some straws and get to work, hehe!

2 Million Pounds--that is a very significant treasure, even today--let alone, back in the late 1700s!

Where is this island located exactly?  If you could create a game based on the Oak Island treasure, what elements would you like to see included?  What types of danger?  What types of characters?  What types of challenges?

Thanks for posting information about this!!

Blind

It is an island off the coast of Nova Scotia, which is on the easter shore of canada.

You could go many ways. A lot of people believe it was pirate loot. ~ You could be a long lost pirate family member looking for it, with connections that only open to you.

Some people believe it is mayan/mexican treasure aptured by the spanish, then shipwrecke or stolen or misplaced...

Some believe it is the lost works of shakspear, as penned by sir franics bacon.

You could find many clues on the island, in the town across the water from the island. I dont know. I just think it would be an awsome starting point for a  game, because it has so much history already - you dont have to make it up, and you couldnt make up anything this good anyway =0

MusicallyInspired

Heeeey, now that you mention this, I think I remember it. I just moved up from Nova Scotia almost 2 years ago now (wow has it been that long?!). That would make a most interesting game indeed!

wickedthistle

oooh...yes, this would be a fascinating game! I remember either a Discovery/History/A&E channel special on this treasure (for those of us in the USA) Here's a linkto the DVD and program synopsis: http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=72117
~Michelle