Received Copy

Previous topic - Next topic

NightShift

Yes!  Got my collector's Edition in the mail today!  Can't wait to pop it in!  Also, I wanted to send the postcard back with three friends emails on there, but that postcard is so sweet, I think I'll keep it instead.

Awesome.
Brought to you by a man resembling a monkey...Charles Hutchings

navynuke04

Great to hear!!! You're the first to send in the news!

eriqchang

omg. WELL SHOW US WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!

I want to see somebody's digital photos of their collector's edition. PLEEEEAASE!

Yours came with the saloon card drink ticket collectible right?

NightShift

Well, here it is.  Not the best photo, mind you, but a photo nonetheless.  I played through it the first time last night, by the way.  Nice.  Can't wait to look for all the easter eggs this second go round.

And a wonderful job from everyone!  Music was absolutely brilliant, dialogue, animations, dialogue lipsynchs, backgrounds, everything was masterful guys!  I must add though, that I forgot all about the bear animation.  Hahaha, it was quite the shocker seeing that in there (i remember the original bear in the demo), awesome!  And it was quite bittersweet getting to see the end cutscenes kick in after the end of the game.  I think I dropped a tear or two.  Thanks again guys for letting me get involved in the game, and for making games in the first place!

-CJ

PS - And the game box art along with it's contents are brilliant as well, Eriq!

eriqchang

You got one of the signed certificates from Britney and Chris. cool. I want one. ;) Thanks for posting this!

navynuke04

Snake5172

I know this is going to vary but when did you order it compared to when you received it?

Obviously if you pre ordered then it should have shipped as early as 9/08/06 I do believe (so if others read and don't realize it was just released).

I am curious as to the real lead time.

navynuke04

He preordered on the same day we started taking preorders (6/28/06). Orders started shipping out on 9/6/06. I believe his was probably shipped on that date.

Tom Lewandowski

It would seem to me, that ANYBODY who preordered that's living in the U.S. should have already received their copy.  Two or three days, max, to go through the U.S. mail service.  I'm surprised that Dianne and I haven't received our 'complimentary copy', yet.  Even if it's being shipped Fourth Class, that's pretty quick within the U.S.  But First Class mail...makes me wonder when they were really shipped.

Kloreep

Mine apparently shipped the 9th, but I pre-ordered in late August, only a few weeks ago. Assuming complimentary copies went out the first day, that is a bit odd.

eriqchang

I am waiting for mine too.

NightShift

Hahaha, are we getting complimentary copies too?  I actually vaguely remember reading that somewhere.  Oh well, one copy to play, one copy to hang on the wall.

DasWheel

::eye twitch:: I've not yet recieved mine either. Oh, but I'm watching you, mailbox, yes I am, yes I am. You think it's funny, don't you? Giving me bills and housing notices when you  know how much I want this game...But that's okay, it really is. I'm a strong indeviduuuuooooohhhhhwhy do you insist upon mocking me, O Box-Reciever of Mail? WHY?  But, I'm...rambling. Of course I know it's on its way.....I'm just going to sit quietly in the corner now. ::twitch::
Exit - Pursued By A Bear

navynuke04

SirWulf2

Haven't recieved mine yet, but my mother has her preordered copy, got it yesterday.  She started playing it before a storm knocked out the power.  She's having fun so far.

GameDevBrit

I'm glad to hear your mom is having fun, SirWulf!  And that is unfortunate with your mailbox, DasWheel!  I hope he stops being so stingy soon and coughs up the goods for you :)

DasWheel

"Quoth the DevLass, 'Wait some more.
Be those words so deeply smarting, GDB," I shrieked, upstarting -
"Get thee back into the server and AGDI's Plutonian boards!
Leave no block text as a token of that lie thy post hath spoken!
Leave my gamelessness unbroken!- quit the box upon this board!
Take thy cursor from out my heart, and take thy words from off this board!"
            Quoth the DevLass, 'Wait some more.'" ;)

Edgar Allan Poe
                              (1809-1849)
Exit - Pursued By A Bear

GameDevBrit

Angelus3K

Deb and I just recieved our pre-ordered copy of Al Emmo here in the UK!!!

Thanks guys!! Can't play it yet though as this one if for my mom, we'll play our complimentary copy for beta testing when it arrives!!

Can't wait!!

DasWheel

Huzzah and good fortune, my copy has arrived! Indeed, I'm playing it voraciously now. Looking back though, I feel rather silly about my rants to the mailbox, but no harm, no fowl I guess.  Actually, on that note, I don't suppose anyone here can help me get this tinfoil hat off my head. I found it after I blacked out after my last post.  I don't know how it got there, but it seems to be affixed with some kind of...It looks to be cheese.  My God, what did I do that night?

The game's an ever-livin' blast, BTW; on Act II.  :)
Exit - Pursued By A Bear

Kloreep

Mine is here! :) Finished Act I again yesterday, now on to new adventures...

Pidgeot

Got my collector's edition today - looking good :D
Pidgeot
-----
Every error you find is the last one.

eriqchang

I know several people have posted photos of their copies already but if you have received yours, photograph yourself with your copy for us. I want to remember this time and I dunno about everyone else, but it really gives me a high to see the game somewhere else in the world!

When mine arrives I'll take some photos and post them.

Blomvik

I got my game today and the package is sweet, love all the details.
And a big thank you to the one that marked it as a two dollar value package, didn't pay customs fee because of that. =D
Cheers, now im going back to the game.
I sell these nice leather jackets!

Snake5172

Hello,

Well the awaited game arrived last night. I took a quick picture and will post it later as I get time.

I am excited as ever to play it but may not get much time in as I am heading to Arizona & Vegas in 2 days.... ironic huh?!?

eriqchang

You mean you're heading to Anozira! ;)

Snake5172

Quote from: "eriqchang"You mean you're heading to Anozira! ;)

Right!

Here it is in all its glory going to find a spot in the bookcase for it for sure.
(Speaking of which its time to rearrange that bookcase...)

eriqchang

You have got a lot of really great games there. Al Emmo is in good company on that shelf. ;)  Thanks for showing us!  :hehe:

Snake5172

Thanks. Thats only two of the five shelves which dont include probably another 50+/- other jewel case only games in the collection. It was a bad habit for a while..

I try not to buy any newer ones till I get through all the classics... Then games like Al Emmo, Runaway, and even Scratches come out and there goes that theory.

navynuke04

Hey everyone, let's go hang out at Snake's house! :D

Broomie

Got mine, nice packaging! :)

rich

I got my special edition copy on Thursday! I love adventure games, but have never been very good at beating them without hintbooks, so, I'm still stuck in Act I. But, I love this game! I'll have to take a pic of my copy with myself... hmmm... should I bust out all my old Sierra games and put them behind us?
I'm so excited!

eriqchang

omg that would be so cool. I am compiling a little book of everyone's photos. I want to remember this time in my life. :)

Would love to see the big Sierra collection behind you too. My copy hasn't arrived yet but I'll be sure to take one too.

wickedthistle

Yay! I received my Collector's edition in the mail! I'll take a photo sometime later and post...or at least email it to Eriq. ;)
~Michelle