Saving Al for later...

Previous topic - Next topic

ralas

Hello!

Hope you guys know the answer to this one... I purchased Al via the telltale games download. Now, when they said I got the key, they also said they added it directly to the game.

Now...how do I save Al so I can play the game again? I would like to save Al to disk so I don't have to leave him on the hard drive until it croaks or something, you know? a backup?

btw... why did it ask me to make an export file at the very end? Should I save that too?

Thanks!
Susan  <):)

GameDevChris

Hey Susan,

I'm not sure if Telltale offer 'download insurance' or something similar for games downloaded from their site. But I think I recall reading something to that effect when I downloaded Sam and Max from them. My guess is that you could uninstall Al Emmo and reinstall it again at a later date (using the same key you purchased from them) and it will still work. However, it'd probably be best ask TellTale Games on their forums so you can get the info straight from the horses mouth.

In regards to the savefile at the end of the game, yeah, keep it. It was exported in case we ever make a sequel. Importing the file into the next game would tailor the story a bit more to your unique playing habits in the first game etc. Since it's a small file, you should be able to keep it somewhere on your hard drive, or just burn/copy it to a CD/disk.

ralas

Hello :hehe:

If I just need a code then I guess I could just save the original download & the code in a file with it, yes? Will save the export file also.

Hope you guys do make a sequel. Al grows on you after a bit. Be nice to see him again.

I also liked Koko. Very fun character!  :laugh:

Thanks!
Susan  <):)

aspid

Quote from: "ralas"btw... why did it ask me to make an export file at the very end? Should I save that too?

Mmm... maybe we'll be able to import it into... QfG2 remake. Do Al dream about being a hero? :-)

Ian

It is important to keep your purchase details and your Download Password for this and any game with Telltale - to my understanding the code generated for the game is specific to your computer ID - so if you reinstall your computer system you need to have game re-activated as your system has a new ID - so it's wise to backup your game to dvd/cd with purchase details and password if you want to use game later - if you give your details to anyone to activate the game then expect to have them removed from Telltale's system.