Problems in windowed mode

Previous topic - Next topic

TribeHasSpoken

I attempted to play the game once in windowed mode and found that this made it very difficult to trigger the exit cursor compared with playing in fullscreen mode. The reasons for this are obvious, as it's possible to move the mouse off the playing area in a window but not in fullscreen, and you couldn't make the exit collision area too big or else limit the player's ability to interact with the environment.

May I please suggest that you make a note of this in the readme file for the commercial version of the game and recommend that players don't use windowed mode?

Otherwise I'm having a blast with the game so far. Two standouts for me are the banter between Al and the narrator, which is making me want to try everything possible on every screen just to hear all of it. Bravo to Daniel for this. The other standout is the voice of Jonathan Standiford as Bill the Piano Man. I get the feeling you heard his audition and immediately thought "Yes, that's Bill!"
Michael A. Bright
Assistant PR Director
The Silver Lining Development Team
Phoenix Online Studios
www.tsl-game.com
mailto:michael.bright@postudios.com">michael.bright@postudios.com

GameDevChris

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make a note of it in the readme file.

On the other hand, if the player's using the keyboard (or keyboard and mouse combo) to walk around, it doesn't present an issue.

Funnily enough, Bill's actor is actually a concert pianist in real-life. So this might account for his authenticity playing that role!

TribeHasSpoken

Quote from: "GameDevChris"On the other hand, if the player's using the keyboard (or keyboard and mouse combo) to walk around, it doesn't present an issue.

Thanks for the tip. I'm having no problems in windowed mode now. It was really only the right-hand side of the screen that was affected, in hindsight.
Michael A. Bright
Assistant PR Director
The Silver Lining Development Team
Phoenix Online Studios
www.tsl-game.com
mailto:michael.bright@postudios.com">michael.bright@postudios.com