Finally broke the game *SPOILERS*

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJones

Hi! After many weeks playing the game at a calm pace and enjoying everything (and there are LOTS of things to enjoy in this game!), I finally finished it today. Hooray!

Now, I found that the last act is the glitchiest of them all. I managed to go THROUGH the death altar on the treasure room once. However, the worst glitches happen by reading the diaries at time-based events. For example, reading one at gun point (from any of the people that can kill you) will not mute the audio file during the game over screen. However, reading it while the screen bounces will mute the audio file at the time of the first bounce; in the room with the raging river it will also show a graphical glitch on the screen (some colors on the background). Finally, it will create a dead-end on the very last puzzle if you read it while the bad guy is swinging, as it freezes him forever.

Curiously (well, not quite), if you save the game before solving the second-to-last puzzle, then die on the last puzzle and choose "try again", if you then restore the saved game and die on the second-to-last puzzle, the "try again" feature will skip that puzzle and go straight to the last! :rolleyes:
No.

GameDevChris

Glad to hear that you took your time to savour the experience, Dr Jones. Thanks for posting your comments and feedback.

Congratulations, also, on finding some elusive bugs which nobody has noticed in the years following the game's release!  I will add these fixes to my to-do list, in the event that an updated build is ever released. Any chance you can post an image to depict exactly which path (and which angle) you were able to walk through the death altar?

DrJones

Yeah! So many years with such a serious bug for which nobody really fell except me! I had to restore a previous game because of that. :(

By the way, who was the man in the sheriff WANTED photo?
No.

GameDevChris

Thanks for the info. I'll check into these things when I have a chance.

As for the WANTED poster, that's Das Jan from www.adventuretreff.de.  He won a contest we held, in which the winner would make an appearance in the game.