CD or DVD?

Previous topic - Next topic

trudysgarden

I caught some of the discussion down under about the upcoming release format - CDs or DVD.  Have any decisions been made about that?  I would much prefer a DVD to 4+ CDs and it might be more cost efficient in the long run.  Just curious.

Am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to order the game!

happy trails,

Carolyn

navynuke04

No decision has been made yet. Final file size of the game has yet to be determined. While work on the game itself has been completed, the finishing touches are being applied to the final 3D cutscene. Once that is done, we'll know if the game will fit on one CD or not.

Sartori

Based on your implication that the final version -could- possibly fit on the CD, I'd say that CD is the best option for release, even during the event that it requires 2 CDs.

While DVDs are fairly spread throughout, the CD release is going to have a slightly higher penetration rate, which I think is good for this title.. Though I do, not everyone has a DVD drive.

Hmm..
//Sartori

trudysgarden

Hmm, I have to agree with the CD then.  I originally thought there would be many CDs, not just possibly 2.  If there are only 2, no biggie.

Anxiously awaiting word of the release

:D

happy trails,

Carolyn

Legolas813

From the June 7th newsletter:

Al Emmo will be available on CD-ROM for purchase in our online store at the official Himalaya Studios website.  Additionally, after receiving rave reviews from beta testers, we have decided to sell others goods such as the original soundtrack created by Tom and Dianne Lewandowski of Quest Studios!  We have also made negotiations with the Just Adventure Store to offer our game for sale there as well.  We'll announce the news once the official Himalaya Studios Store is open for business via email, so be prepared to start shopping in the coming weeks!

trudysgarden

Since I need 2 of them, I'd better take those cans and bottles back to the store......................

Sartori

Quote from: "trudysgarden"Since I need 2 of them, I'd better take those cans and bottles back to the store......................

I don't understand the reference.. hmm..
//Sartori

trudysgarden

We recycle cans and bottles in NY.  They're worth .05 ea.  My kids joke that I never take them back until I need $ for a new game.

Disco

Quote from: "trudysgarden"Since I need 2 of them, I'd better take those cans and bottles back to the store......................

Hehe, I need to do that too. However, living in Michigan, I only need to take back half the amount you will  :D.