Next step after breadcrumbs?

Previous topic - Next topic

tramtrist

Hey there! Chipping away at the mystery of the Flyterians, and I'm stuck stuck stuck. Found the breadcrumbs in Pekkon's perch, asked the baker about them (who expressed incredulity), and...am at a loss as to what to do next. Any insights?

GameDevChris

Have you visited all the theft hut locations in the Flyterian village, and investigated the source of the clues within each hut?

tramtrist

...I think so? I found the fruit scraps, and showed the button to both Falc and the baker. I found poster scraps that I've attached to the baker's stall (though I'm still missing one, I think). I picked up and lit the fallen candle, and I've found the small scratches. Er, is there something obvious I've missed?

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond --and, if I'm interpreting your username correctly, for your work on the game. It's truly engrossing!

PLeiaPrinSass

Each clue is a sign of who to talk to. Talk to the fruit seller about the fruit, the baker about the bread, etc.

tramtrist

Huh. Thought I had -- I've exhausted dialogue options with every character in the game (including both the town and the Mage's Tower), and shown the objects I could carry (button and candle) to everyone. I'm appreciative of the encouraging nudges, but I'm thickheaded enough here that I might need something more explicit...

PLeiaPrinSass

tramtrist

I already have, yes -- that prompted him to send me to Pekkon's perch where I found the breadcrumbs. Is there another step beyond that?

(Thanks for your patience, and sorry I'm so dense!)

GameDevChris

You need to find the final missing piece of the poster to trigger the next step in the sequence.

Make certain you've explored all theft hut locations in the Flyterian Valley (there's one scrap in each hut) and also all the other locations in the Flyterian Valley, and keep an eye out for fluttering paper!

tramtrist

Got it! (Issue was that I didn't realize that "Valley Floor" was a unique location -- I assumed it would just take me back to the base of the mountain and didn't select it.) Thanks to you both!

MusicallyInspired

If you've got 4 pieces, just look at the post where the poster was and replace each piece one at a time.