Starting screen resolution

Previous topic - Next topic

kaelthas628

On starting the game the screen resolution is too large to the point that I can't view anything how can you stop this?

Figured it out going to have to run it in 640X480 mode.

Gronagor

Quote from: kaelthas628 on January 30, 2019, 11:58:03 AM
On starting the game the screen resolution is too large to the point that I can't view anything how can you stop this?

Figured it out going to have to run it in 640X480 mode.

Hey kaelthas628,
You will have to give these guys a bit more information about your system and OS. This sounds like a strange case.

MusicallyInspired

640x480 definitely isn't necessary. But yeah, need more info.

If you're on Windows, run setup and set the driver to OpenGL.
Then set Fullscreen scale to "Stretch, preserving aspect ratio"
Scaling method can be whatever you want. If you like pixels do Nearest-neighbor. If you like the blurring/blending, choose Linear Interpolation.

I get a nice fullscreen at 1080p this way. Same with Windowed scale mode.

PLeiaPrinSass

I also had this issue, so I opened it in Steam, selected Options I believe, and chose Windowed screen and then it was fine.

Gronagor

Jet

Any resolution help for those of us on Mac?

I've got the game in windowed mode, and I can change the size of the window, but the resolution is bit-map looking (like basic resolution stretched to fit the window size, so low resolution). How can I get the game in a higher resolution?

Using the Humble version of game: v1.0-RC3

MacOS Mojave v10.14.3
MacBook Pro 15" mid 2017
(2.9 GHz Core i7)
16G Memory
Both onboard and discrete memory

Also - I see there's a newer version of the game. Is this released for Humble version? and if so, how can I get the update?

Thanks in advance for any help!

(Edit to add OS version)

Jet

Regarding screen resolution for mac - I found some info in the readme.txt file about resolution, but it doesn't tell me what I need to know. Specifically I found the acsetup.cfg file, but there's not much in it. The readme.txt refers to a bunch of commands, but nothing about the syntax of those commands required by the acsetup.cfg.

What commands would I need to enter/enable to see the game in high resolution?

What command allows me to change savegame folder?

Below is the complete content of my config file from:  ~/Library/Application Support/Mage's Initiation/acsetup.cfg

[graphics]
windowed=1
[language]
translation=

Jet

To answer my own question:

Quote from: Jet on March 07, 2019, 07:29:24 PM
Any resolution help for those of us on Mac?

I've got the game in windowed mode, and I can change the size of the window, but the resolution is bit-map looking (like basic resolution stretched to fit the window size, so low resolution). How can I get the game in a higher resolution?

I finally figured out that the resolution is what it is because native game resolution is 640 x 480 and a bigger window only stretches it. So I simply reduce the size of the window to get a more appealing resolution for my own viewing. The pixelization does add a nostalgic touch from "the old days".  ;)

GameDevChris

Glad to hear you managed to sort it out. And yes, v1.1 is also available from the Humble site. Just log in there and the game links should be updated to the latest v1.1 build of the game.