Where's Varner?

Previous topic - Next topic

jbauman51

I followed the book to gain access to his private quarters, but am completely lost as to what to do next...

jbauman51

nm - took a break... came back and figured it out

MusicallyInspired

Arcane_Feline

So, what's the solution? I've been banging my (apparently, dumb) head against this problem for an hour now.

My veriant of the book Varner used for his Private Hall combination is "Walls We Saw Fall".

First, I though it was about the first letters of those words. Then, I thought it was a metaphor (walls - earth, saw - light or air, fall - fire or shadow, etc.). Nope. I also tried remembering Varner's dialogue for some kind of a clue, but nothing comes to mind. In short, I am thoroughly stuck.

Please help.

Arcane_Feline

Nevermind, I've figured it out. It seems taking a break truly helps, heh.

For those interested in solution:
[spoiler] Each letter in the title of the book Varner read four days ago corresponds to the first letter of the appropriate Element. So, for example, a word "walls" would mean Water, Air, Light, Light, Shadow. Basically, my initial mistake was assuming that every dial combination consists of only three Elements. Turns out Varner is a bit paranoid and prefers longer passwords. [/spoiler]

ryangiglio

I'm in the same boat as OP. I [spoiler]got into his room with the book code and found the diary on the floor/stuff in the chest[/spoiler] but I can't figure out where to go after that.

Rumpelstiltskin

I just had the same issue. Maybe this will help.
[spoiler]There has been a place in the tower you have visited before each trial to gain some insight about the upcoming challenges.[/spoiler]

ryangiglio

Thank you that helped. Turns out it was one of those adventure game things where I knew where to go but the character didn't so it wouldn't work until I hit a trigger. I was thinking too hard.

Gronagor

Gronagor

LOL! Yeah... I believe so. :) You need a serious reason to want to look for Varner. :) Remember you're in the middle of your initiation!