Goblin camp

Previous topic - Next topic

PLeiaPrinSass

How do I get out?  Kitchen back door is locked, have horn, and have rug.  But otherwise stuck...

GameDevChris

[spoiler]You'll need to find the master key, mentioned in the note on the desk.[/spoiler]

X-kal

I've managed to get the Trinicorn horn but cannot figure out how to leave that area as a water mage. Tried unlocking the door and concealing myself to no avail.

tramtrist

Those sharp spikes atop the fence are impeding your exit, if you have anything in your inventory that might protect you...?

lost soul

I'm stuck at the very same place. I must have checked every single item in my inventory and tried to use it on either fence or D'Arc - but with no success. Some additional hint, please?

GameDevChris

If you're an Air Mage, you don't need an item.

If you're not an Air Mage and don't have the item in your inventory, it'll be on the ground in the same screen as you.

lost soul

I''m earth mage. Nothing seems to be on the ground, so by logical deduction of what you wrote, it must be already present in my inventory. But I just can't see it. I must have tried every single combination of using X to Y, but I'm still stuck at this room. I must have spent over 2-3 hours here and it's everything but fun. I'm starting to think there might be some bug in my game progress. Either that, or this puzzle is one of those "Broken sword Goat" ones. Heeelp please  :) @

MusicallyInspired

[spoiler]Try the mat.[/spoiler]

lost soul

Thanks for the tips. I believe I must have really hit a bug :( -> see spoiler bellow

[spoiler]
After reading the "Try the mat." hint, I spent some additional "quality" time looking for mat in the "Rear of Camp" location which I'm starting to hate with passion. Nothing, nada.

Then I read the original text in the topic: "How do I get out?  Kitchen back door is locked, have horn, and have rug.  But otherwise stuck...".

Ok, that must mean that the rug (mat) is important thing. Perhaps I was supposed to get one before entering the "Rear of Camp" hellplace? Loaded one of my older saves, visited places.. and voila - there's one lying on the floor in Guard hut and can be picked up. Too bad I didn't get it..

Another hint states "If you're not an Air Mage and don't have the item in your inventory, it'll be on the ground in the same screen as you.". Well, it's not in my inventory, nor on the ground of "Rear of Camp". With my most recent save, there simply seema to be no way to get the rug. I've pixel hunted every single pixel on the screen, but the rug (mat) is nowhere to be found. Or maybe it's there somewhere and I'm missing it all the time? #really_desperate_will_probably_load_older_savegame :(

[/spoiler]

PLeiaPrinSass

Just played this part as an Earth Mage as well and the "rug" that you need is in the Goblin hut where they are sleeping where you get the key.  You need to get it there when you're getting they key.  As a water mage it is outside near the Trinicorn area.

GameDevChris

It should work like this:

-First opportunity to take a rug is in the sleeping goblins' barracks. If you take it here, a rug won't appear in the screen with the trinicorn corpse.

-Second opportunity to take a rug is in the screen with the trinicorn corpse. it will only be visible here if you missed the one in the barracks.

-But if you have the [spoiler]animal hide purchased from Taben the meat seller[/spoiler] then neither of the rugs may appear, and you'd need to us that on the spiked fence instead.