Bug on Bashem's screen

Previous topic - Next topic

Balinaeri

To reproduce:

• Go and meet Bashem.
  • Talk to him. Learn that you're not to touch anything.
  • Leave the forest. I eleported back to the Mage Tower, but I imagine it happens anytime as long as you leave the forest.
  • Return to where you met Bashem. He'll be gone. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.
  • Use the hand cursor on the door of his hut. UI freezes. You're not able to click on anything after that or move or bring up the menu (I use the Compact form, but I doubt it makes a difference)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and to play Mage's Initiation. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

GameDevChris

Yeah, someone else reported this, too. I've already implemented a fix for the next patch. You'll be required to find the proof in his camp before being allowed to leave the screen in order to prevent these soft-lock freezes later on.

Balinaeri

Well, since I never found the proof, I guess I'd find that frustrating too.  I probably need to redo task 2 and 3, because I never completed the Fire Mage quest either.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and to play Mage's Initiation. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

GameDevChris

It's not that hard, as there are only a handful of clickable things in that screen, and all of the important ones are surrounding the hut.

Balinaeri

Well, at least I have finished the Fire Mage quest now. Hopefully I can figure out the proof next time when I finally get back there.