Script Error in Manor - where Fend held a dagger to Darc's neck

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherry Ng

Has anyone encountered this? I can't continue with the game.

I am in the manor and just got rid of Pug. The game brought me into screenplay where Fend held up a dagger to D'arc's neck, then an error message popped out, asking me to contact the game developer. Error message below:

Adventure Game Studio
---------------------------
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.4.1.15)

in "room20.asc", line 139

Error: GetGameParameter: invalid frame specified

---------------------------
OK   

GameDevChris

This crash only happens when playing with voices disabled (i.e. the Speech slider is set all the way to the left). There are a couple of solutions:

1) Turn the speed slider up a small amount in order to get past the scene. (You can disable voices again afterwards, if you want).

2) If playing on Steam, you can update to the v1.0b patch on the "Beta" branch (instructions on how to do so are on the Community hub discussion forum here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/270610/discussions/0/1777136225045720120/

This patch will be rolled out onto the main Steam branch, as well as to GOG, and Humble once it has been verified as stable. But that might take another week or so.

gusgus

Same bug here, still present after the 1.1 patch from Steam on Windows. I was able to pass the error after turning up the voice volume slider, but only if loading from a standard savegame, not the autosave.

See my post here: http://www.himalayastudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=1299.0

Thanks!

GameDevChris

I tested this in v1.1 with your savegame (turned the voice volume down prior to loading the autosave file) and it didn't crash for me.

I suspect it was something to do with your old savegame crossing over to the new one. It should no longer happen for people who begin a new game in v1.1 and play up to this point with the speech slider turned all the way down.