Bug Report (spoilers)

Previous topic - Next topic

gusgus

I have encountered a game breaking bug that is preventing me from moving forward in the game. I encountered this just before Steam updated me to the 1.1 patch, so it is present in both the version before the patch as well as in the 1.1 patch.

The issue is a missing screen error that comes up either during the first question or the second question, during the confrontation with Fend that occurs just outside the Lord's bedchamber door. The very first time it happened was just before 1.1 patch and that was during question 1. The game crashed and patch 1.1 happened to be installed before I could run it again. Ever since patch 1.1 was installed, it happens on question 2 instead. In all cases, the game crashes. Reloading the game from the autosave or from my most recent save with both not allow me to proceed past the error. The only thing I can do to continue to play is start another character and hope that by the time I get to to this bug again in the new character it is fixed.

The error is triggered only when giving the "correct" response to question 2 to Fend. The first time, when it was triggering on question 1, it was also only triggered on the correct response to question 1.

Error message:
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.4.3.1)

in "room20.asc", line 156

Error: GetGameParameter: invalid frame specified

Linked here is a zip file containing a screenshot of the error message, the latest save, as well as the autosave file. Can't upload it here directly because of the 3MB upload limit.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iF1u8E7fxs9oUACzkArIoI0ZBoWQJOnI

gusgus

Thank you Wizard! I can confirm that the solution was the same, though I had to load from a standard savegame (not the autosave) after turning up the voice volume slider for the solution to work as mentioned in the linked post.

Thanks!